What rate to quote my nephew at?

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Aquarians, Nov 25, 2021.

1. I want to / need to / have little option but to hire my nephew to work on the software I'll be using as a registered investment advisory LLC operating within EU at the moment but wink wink, US is on the map. He's second year in the same University I studied.

I started on 5 LC (local currency) per hour as take home amount and seemed like something out of this /my world since most full time public-sector employed chicks I'd be talking with were making half of that. I now make 100 LC per hour, btw.

2. thecoder

thecoder

And you are sure he wants to work for you? :)
    Each region has average rates for each job category and/or sector/technology to orient at...

3. easymon1

easymon1

2x LC "most full time public-sector employed chicks I'd be talking with" per hour as take home amount would equate to what you were pullling down.
    Adjust accordingly in consideration of comparable skills, effort, results.

4. rb7

rb7

What's the minimum wage in your country/area?
    Cause 'local currency' doesn't mean anything. In Venezuela, 5 LC is like 0.00001 USD...

d08 likes this.
  5. He sure doesn't since he's smart enough to understand the difference between natural (paid $) and rational numbers (paid $$ but in compensation for xxxxxxxxx the effort).

My brother uses some 1% of my mental capacity to make 30% of what I make teaching high school math. If I were to do it again I'd go his route without hesitation.

thecoder and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  6. Pretty stable in the last 30 years, LC / USD was =~ 4.

7. traider

traider

I thought you were a coder not a teacher? Why high school math

d08 and fan27 like this.
  8. I'm a programmer making 100 LC / hour using 50% - 99% of my brain capacity depending on when I get a break of luck or not. By definition you can't use more than 100% and by experience using more than 50% on a regular basis is gonna kill you worse than cancer does. My brother is a high school teacher making 30 LC / hour using 1% in his high demanding days.

9. rb7

rb7

So you want to pay him 1.25$ USD/hour?

thecoder likes this.
  10. 100 bucks for 8 hours a week (one day per week), 4 weeks a month. $100 / (8*4) = $3.125 effective. But month registers as 160 hours full time so if you make $100 full time in a month, that's 0.625 / hour.

Dunno where you pulled your 1.25 from.

#10     Nov 25, 2021
    thecoder likes this.