What to expect by the end of 2016?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Jamie J., Aug 23, 2016.

1. Jamie J.

Jamie J.

Hey, everybody! As far as you remember in the first half year we were surprised by loud British situation, I mean Brexit and its significant influence on the stock market. What to expect in another half-year period? Do you have ideas what should happen with the economy in whole?

2. qxr1011

qxr1011

It's Difficult to Make Predictions, Especially About the Future.

Niels Bohr

tom2 likes this.
  3. US presidential elections obviously.

4. Is that a prediction?

5. Xela

Xela

The Spring/Summer 2017 Louboutin catalogue. [​IMG]

A fall in stock markets, worldwide. I always expect a fall in stock-markets, worldwide, because they're all artifically inflated. This perspective is limited in its scope, though, by the fact that I know nothing about fundamentals at all, and may well have no idea what I'm talking about, on this subject. But hey ... you can't have everything, right? [​IMG]

What should happen is a fall in stock-markets, everywhere. But I've been saying this for years and it rarely happens. I do only fast intraday trades, never take any longer-term view, and don't really care whether they rise or fall, but in one sense I'd quite like them all to fall, just so I can occasionally be right about something. [​IMG]

6. ironchef

ironchef

Donald Trump wins the election, stock market crashes.:D

7. Overnight

Overnight

Here's a longer-term view of the markets. It's a good read. My conclusion from it is that so far, whatever markets may do in the short-term, they go up in the long-term. There are down times, yes. But overall, up has been the only direction.

Draw your own conclusions from it.

http://www.cmegroup.com/education/f...h-managed-futures-historical-perspectives.pdf

OneStopBrokers and Xela like this.
  8. I definitely agree with this. -- i don't even try to predict the (far) future...it's basically gambling to me. o_O:confused:
    I personally find it way easier to predict the DOW or SPY's day movement, before the market opens.

9. piezoe

piezoe

Perhaps Yogi Berra is more like it.;)

Xela likes this.
  10. qxr1011

qxr1011

• No, no, you are not thinking, you are just being logical.
      • In response to those who made purely formal or mathematical arguments, as quoted in What Little I Remember (1979) by Otto Robert Frisch, p. 95
      Niels Bohr
    ;)

#10     Aug 24, 2016