What trading platform can I download data for and analyze it whilst I'm offline?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Iwilldoit, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Good Afternoon,

I am looking for a trading platform, which will allow me to download data and access it whilst I am offline.

Would anyone be able to make a good suggestion?

Is Market Replay still free? I just need to daily candles.

Thanks and Have a great day,

IWAI

2. Tavurth

Tavurth

You can use Tiingo.

They have a pretty relaxed free tier.

For daily data split adjustments are already in place. For intraday you have to do it yourself.

3. Lol.

4. I can use this offline?

5. Tavurth

Tavurth

In excel or something sure, or you can build a simple UI around the data (python + pandas is good).

When you've got an API token (free) you can visit such a link to download the CSV data for excel.

https://api.tiingo.com/iex/AAPL/pri...ampleFreq=5min&format=csv&token={YOUR_TOKEN}

Note that you don't need an API key for the above link as it's a major symbol.

Here's the docs

You can run a script like the following to easily display the candlestick chart:

https://plotly.com/python/candlestick-charts

Code:
    import plotly.graph_objects as go

import pandas as pd
    from datetime import datetime

df = pd.read_csv("./prices.csv")

fig = go.Figure(
        data=[
            go.Candlestick(
                x=df.index,
                open=df["open"],
                high=df["high"],
                low=df["low"],
                close=df["close"],
            )
        ]
    )

fig.update_layout(xaxis_rangeslider_visible=False)
    fig.show()

Which results in the image shown. You can then play with the data as you like :)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    TooEffingOld likes this.
  6. ZBZB

ZBZB

7. Peter8519

Peter8519

If you can program then Amibroker is one capable stock charting software. If you are viewing daily chart, Yahoo Finance has daily data from most exchanges. May need to pay for subscription for intraday data. AmiQuote is plugin that download trading data from various data providers. Amibroker can do offline and live trading. Amibroker is not resource hungry and fast. Alternatively, you can look at Ninja Trader. Free version do not have live trading.

If you know programming, Amibroker is customizable like the chart below.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  8. You can use NinjaTrader playback connection to access previously downloaded data offline. The market replay should work with a free Sim license key.

Email platformsales@ninjatrader.com to request a simulated license key.

9. AmiBroker is definitely suitable for such purposes. AmiBroker is specially designed for technical analysis. Allows you to perform manual analysis of charts, as well as create and test mechanical trading systems.
    There are multiple charts - different views and time scales are available at the same time;
    dozens of built-in most popular indicators: ROC, RSI, MACD, OBV, CCI, MFI, NVI, Stochastics, DMI, ADX, Parabolic SAR, TRIX and support for various data sources (plugins for MetaStock, eSignal, DDE) free FOREX market data and free end-of-day data from most of the world markets, loaded through the AmiQuote downloader program. There is a very fast back tester with a detailed report on the results of testing the trading system and support for testing the trading system on a portfolio of instruments.