what was your aha moment when you first started trading?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by mute9003, Apr 30, 2022.

1. mute9003

mute9003

Curious to hear yall's stories what clicked in your head that set you on a path to profitable trader from noob trader
    when you went from " i donno wtf is going on in market now" to " ok this all makes sense now"

murray t turtle and SimpleMeLike like this.
  2. Jzwu2017

Jzwu2017

I had so many aha moments but they all failed sooner or later. Now my thought is there’s no such moment.

Or my ultimate aha moment is to realize there’s none. Lol

Rapunzel likes this.
  3. Sprout

Sprout

It's like traversing layers of an onion from the core to the outer shell - each shell layer encapsulates the one prior and the logic is opposite than the one preceding it.

There seems to be no limit to the onion shell layers. Each layer has insights available from "Aha's" from expanding one's perceptual awareness.

Darc likes this.
  4. schizo

schizo

PRICE ACTION !!!

Darc and KCalhoun like this.
  5. I needed some vicks vapor rub then I realized I knew how to trade vix

HawaiianIceberg likes this.
  6. savoir

savoir

There are many aha moments to experience before becoming operational in your chosen market. You need to accumulate a critical mass of them to get to that point.

By operational I mean the stage where you are growing your account and no longer feeding the beast. Before that stage, survival is at stake, and all the flailing about is inconsequential.

After that stage is reached, there are fewer ahas but they are the kind that deepen understanding towards expertise. Often the ahas are in the form of seeing prior ahas in new or more nuanced ways.

When you get to a stage where it’s routine to pay quarterly estimated taxes on trading profits, it is natural to think holistically about what you spend your time and health on. As a consequence the ahas are holistic as well and the ones about trading per se are not as important.

OBE, KDASFTG and Jzwu2017 like this.
  7. Elliott waves

8. spooz

spooz

I was three months into studying indicators and moving averages etc. When I realized what their fatal flaw is and the reason they can never work over time. I still had a lot to learn but I was on my way.

stochastix and jetbird like this.
  9. Jzwu2017

Jzwu2017

Nice write-up but those are not really aha moments but merely revelations during the learning process.

toucan and savoir like this.
  10. "Aha!! This shit really IS freaking impossible!!"

#10     Apr 30, 2022