What would you say belongs in a solid trading plan?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by easymon1, Feb 10, 2020.

1. No sh6t. "Top-notch market timing skills" are vital to trading success. Everyone strives, aspires, to understand the market.
    If a trader has the above, they don't need deep pockets...money will come to them, flow to them, like a rapid river or dam breaking.

#101     Sep 9, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. %%
    PLENTY of capital could be a a terrible idea when learning.

#102     Sep 9, 2022
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  3. i would say practice with the same amount you use on your simulation to your actual real trading. because that is how most noobs blow up. they don't practice with the same amount.

#103     Sep 9, 2022
    SimpleMeLike and murray t turtle like this.
  4. %%
    I like your 64 dma;
    even though i dont use it, it has the advantage of front running the WSJ 65 dma/LOL:D:D

#104     Sep 9, 2022
    Scataphagos likes this.
  5. %%
    Good + wise ones.
    Except i dont think you can really ''keep emotions separate from trading''--but you sure can keep emotions from goofing your trading or investing. Use a written plan/resting orders, scale out + scale in sometimes.......

#105     Sep 9, 2022
  6. tomkat22

tomkat22

I heard that! When I first started trading I wish someone would have put a gun to my head and told me I was only allowed to take a max position size of $500 or they would pull the trigger. That would have saved me a few thousand dollars.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    #106     Sep 9, 2022
    beginner66 likes this.
  7. According to me solid trading plan includes :
    1. Trade research.
    2. Trade management.
    3. Trade exit plan.
    One should be particular about all aspects of trading rather than just trade entry to have a solid hold of trading.

#107     Sep 13, 2022
    easymon1 likes this.
  8. easymon1

easymon1

#108     Sep 13, 2022
  9. Your strong trading strategy might include anything you think will be useful, but it should always include:
    1 Your trading motive
    2 The time commitment you want to make
    3 Your trading objectives
    4 Your risk-taking mindset
    5 Risk management strategy
    6 Your strategies

#109     Sep 15, 2022
  10. Lyla

Lyla

A solid trading plan should include preset entry & exit rules along with risk levels.

#110     Sep 16, 2022