What's Wrong with Canada?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by shortie, May 25, 2011.

Does Canada Have Bright Future?

1. Absolutely

64 vote(s)
    71.9%
  2. Maybe

14 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. No

11 vote(s)
    12.4%
  1. I think Ghost of Cutten wins the prize for answering the question the best. :)

#31     May 25, 2011
  2. I'm Canadian and I'd beg to differ. I spent all of last winter walking on crutches waiting to see an orthopedic surgeon for a metal hip resurfacing. I got frustrated waiting, I read in China, they can cure my hip condition with herbs. I found those herbs, cured myself with them and now I can walk again. I'm still waiting to see the surgeon almost a year later.

If I was in any other country, I would have only had to wait for a reasonable length of time. The surgeon would have cut me open before I could cure myself. Do we have a better medical system here? As long as you don't mind doing your own doctoring, it works fine.

#32     May 25, 2011
  3. Google:

Vancouver Canucks penalty box flash.

Some hottie decided to flash a player when he got a penalty a few games ago.

#33     May 26, 2011
  4. You mean that Auditor General report that hasn't even been released yet? How can you comment on the findings of this report when it won't even be released until June?

Internet surveilance? Huh?

Double the cost of jets and double the number of years? What are you talking about?

How do you explain this report that came out yesterday that quotes the Executive VP of Lockhead Martin stating the estimates by the Canadian government are accurate?

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/05/24/feds-figures-on-f35-accurate-lockheed-martin-exec

#34     May 26, 2011
  5. Yep.

#35     May 26, 2011
  6. :D

Is it just me, or does that guy have a sunburn?! :confused:

#36     May 26, 2011
  7. The biggest problem with the Canadian healthcare system is the wait times for complicated surgeries. I'm sure you could get your hip resurfacing done quicker in another country at an exhorbant cost.

How exactly does Chinese herbal medecine cure a metal hip resurfacing? And if you are cured, why are you still waiting for a surgeon?

#37     May 26, 2011
  8. Ash1972

Ash1972

My guess is the Chinese "herbs" get you so high that you imagine you're cured..

#38     May 26, 2011
  9. Hmmm... who to believe, the Parliamentary Budget Officer, the US government or Lockheed Martin...

You're really keeping your head in the sand about the million dollar lake party.

#39     May 26, 2011
  10. #40     May 26, 2011