What's Wrong with Canada?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by shortie, May 25, 2011.

Does Canada Have Bright Future?

1. Absolutely

64 vote(s)
    71.9%
  2. Maybe

14 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. No

11 vote(s)
    12.4%
  1. emg

emg

Canada is a beautiful country. Canada is a lot better place to live than Iceland, Finland, Norway, Russia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Africa, China, Eastern Europe, Central Asia, South America, Central America, etc etc etc

#41     May 26, 2011
  2. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

I live in Canada. I think it's the best country in the world. Yes, it gets a bit depressing in the winter, but the summers are phenomenal! If you have a condo (house) in Florida and can spend Dec - Apr there you will get the perfect life! Just Ontario alone has 70,000 lakes that have names and another 75,000 lakes that don't have names and each of them is crystal clean full with fish and other water animals.

The nature is breathtaking, just look at the pictures of Nova Scotia coasts and the mountains in Vancouver.

The people are the politest and nicest people in the world. You can leave you house unlocked, go to work and find everything in tact when you come back!

I can go on and on forever, but the point is - I love it! Come visit us and fall in love with this pearl yourself!

MAESTRO

#42     May 26, 2011
  3. Uriah

Uriah

The main reason is that the strength of the foreigner is increasing day by day.. It really creates the problem for the Canada to create the job opportunities in the country.

#43     May 26, 2011
  4. Head in the sand? Aren't you jumping to conclusions? I prefer to wait for the AG's report to come out in June rather than speculate as to what it contains. According to one of your earlier posts, you've already seen the report somehow...

In any case, if the report does show wasted spending on the photo opp at the "fake lake", it really is a drop in a very big bucket. I am not so naive as to think that the Conservatives don't also waste money (all politicians and government do), but I am also of the opinion that they are the lesser of all evils in this regard.

#44     May 26, 2011
  5. I leave my doors unlocked more often than I lock them.

#45     May 26, 2011
  6. BSAM

BSAM

To you good folks who are trying to knock Canada, please tell me that you don't live in the USA. If you do, I'm embarrassed for you.

#46     May 26, 2011
  7. I've spent a lot of time in Finland and, except for the winters, it's better. The only reason that Canada scores better on the HDI is because of its GDP. Plus Finland offers the average Joe 30 days paid vacation per year, plus 13 holidays.

#47     May 26, 2011
  8. The draft report was already released, sorry to tell you. The Canadian Press already saw it, the Conservatives already lied about it, the Auditor General already slapped their hand for it.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...n-g8-spending-auditor-general/article1979865/

As for Conservative spending being unimportant, that's the difference between you and me -- I'm a fiscal conservative. If your values are different then you'll value other qualities more highly, which is okay.

#48     May 26, 2011
  9. I imagine this depends on the size of the town and the location. in US people don't lock their doors in many small towns AFAIK.

#49     May 26, 2011
  10. dalen

dalen

I love my city and country. I've played golf and skied all in the same day!

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_xMz2SnSWS4?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#50     May 26, 2011