What's your "number"?

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by globalarbtrader, Apr 12, 2017.

1. First of all, I applaud you for financially supporting "good causes".
    However, it is sad that this creates "a surprising amount of work, hassle and stress". If you would work less in your daytime job you would most likely have less money available (maybe even none at all) for these causes. Your work would generate less stress for you. Also the selection of the causes to support would diminish, due to no funds available. All in all your life would become less stressful.
    Are you sure that your intention to financially support these causes is worth all this?

Instead of "serve at a soup kitchen or go clean cages at dog shelter" you could become an advisor for a local trading or investment group and educate people who are interested in this field? That is also a form of volunteering, and can be very rewarding. Just as an example.

#61     Apr 19, 2017
  2. sle

sle

Funny enough, I still worry about money, which is why I decided not to set aside any more. Logically, I understand that all my obligations are paid off (the UES apartment, the "huge tracks of land" upstate) and I have enough to support a comfortable life style as long as I do not continue living in Manhattan (no such thing as "enough" here). I worry about health, I worry about wars, I just fucking worry all the time. Might as well be productive while at it.

So far, I have discovered that I am a stressed person no matter what I do, it must be genetic. Which makes me think that no matter what the set-up is, I'll be anxious about it (see below). At least the markets stuff I do now I enjoy - I just finished a gardening leave and actually am happy to get to work.

#62     Apr 19, 2017
  3. Mtrader

Mtrader

There are studies in psychology that proof that people that are intelligent worry more about everything in life then "less intelligent" ones. :wtf:
    So don't worry to much about worrying.

#63     Apr 19, 2017
    Ghost_of_Blotto likes this.
  4. sle

sle

The true American way is to take medication for it, but I've found that whatever I take makes me feel so slow and stupid that I can't tolerate it :)

#64     Apr 19, 2017
  5. Thanks for your explanation. Enjoy your work.
    I am of the opinion that taking medication should be avoided, unless really necessary.

#65     Apr 19, 2017