When do we get to use the guns?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by UsualName, Oct 28, 2021.

1. I see your point. I think we were looking at it from different contexts. US right wing crazies have no legitimate excuse for their dissent, whereas I think the various states in Yugoslavia did, because Milosevic was only interested in Serbia's prosperity and contentment. However, to your point, it was the fucking right wing crazies that started it all. Everywhere. Give them an inch, and suddenly your elbow is missing. No argument there.

#11     Oct 28, 2021
    Bugenhagen likes this.
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I tried to say this would happen. Back when the election happened, and everyone just said "you're a kook" if you think there were issues with this election.

I said then when you have that many people believing in something you need to listen to the grievance, no matter how crazy they may sound. Because if you don't listen to them - if all you do is dismiss and laugh - they find their own outlet.

#12     Oct 28, 2021
  3. Ricter

Ricter

The "grievance" has been heard over 50 times in courts, for starters. They're kooks. Frightened little babies, actually, the kooky behavior naturally follows.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    #13     Oct 28, 2021
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Perhaps, but you'd never know it was heard over 50 times. I didn't know it was that many times.

#14     Oct 28, 2021
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

As of January 6th - Trump & his team filed 62 election lawsuits. They lost 61 of them. And got a ruling in their favor in one -- involving a dozen ballots in Pennsylvania where a "Pennsylvania judge ruled voters had 3 days after the election to provide proper ID and "cure" their ballots".

By the numbers: President Donald Trump's failed efforts to overturn the election
    https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/n...efforts-overturn-election-numbers/4130307001/

#15     Oct 28, 2021
    Ricter likes this.
  6. Ricter

Ricter

A pretty good list. Naturally because of its publication date it does not include the Arizona audit. Also it's worth mentioning the $1 million bounty a Texas Lt. Governor offered to anyone who could prove significant voter fraud, anywhere in the country; so far that's all unpaid, but for $25k which went to a guy who discovered republican fraud.

The fact is that Trump's base does not want to hear it, period. They're kooks. And let's not forget to consider the role that Trump and other (R) politicians played in manufacturing the doubt in the first place; it's disingenuous for that reason alone to argue that "all this doubt means it should be looked into."

#16     Oct 28, 2021
    gwb-trading likes this.
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

I'm not saying the regions had no reason to secede, after all, 5 of the 7 voted to do so, I'm saying the nationalism ethnocentrism that favored Serbs over others is what led to that splintering. FWIW, the righties in Yugoslavia had no case for their hate either, it's what caught so many survivors by surprise, the country was relatively OK before the skirmishes that led to the war.

#17     Oct 28, 2021