When You Really Want To Get A Leg Up On The Competition

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by ph1l, Sep 19, 2022.

1. ph1l

ph1l

I can't understand why anyone would want to do this, but ...
    https://www.gq.com/story/leg-lengthening

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I used to have a friend that was a look-a-like for Pierce Brosnan. The only problem was that my friend was a few inches shorter, which in his eyes was the only thing that was noticeably different. One day he showed me a brochure that talked about the limb-lengthening surgery mentioned in the GQ article above. He thought that if he got the procedure done, he would ultimately get many more paid look-a-like gigs. I told him he had lost his fucking mind and that it was the stupidest idea ever. It took him a while, but he eventually agreed and got rid of all the promo material for the surgery and thankfully decided not to ever go through with it.

3. schizo

schizo

I also know someone (female) who was quite beautiful but ended up looking like a friggin' window display mannequin. There's no help for these wankers.

4. CET

CET

The insanity of vanity. People clearly don't understand the risk you take with having any surgery done, and the older you are the riskier it gets. I lost one friend who died from a blood clot after shoulder surgery. A family friend had dementia triggered after surgery. Exposure to anesthesia is very risky as you age and can even affect the mental function of younger people.