where can i learn PRICE ACTION trading ?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ptatrading, Sep 19, 2020.

1. easymon1

easymon1

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    #101     Sep 24, 2020
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  2. #102     Sep 24, 2020
  3. kroxobor

kroxobor

He talked about dynamic exits, I asked about rules. They have to be a function of some variables (mb category of variables like momentum-based technical indicators, technical levels) I asked which one he uses.

#103     Sep 24, 2020
  4. kroxobor

kroxobor

How do we justify they work & work for dynamic targets, why does lagging indicators are good signal for exit or changing exit target??

#104     Sep 24, 2020
  5. I don't use price action much but here is a small tip: just write down the price in every 5 minutes and observe what does it do in next movement. Don't guess. Just keep writing down

#105     Sep 25, 2020
  6. #106     Sep 25, 2020
  7. easymon1

easymon1

is that what you used?

#107     Sep 25, 2020
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  8. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

first learn daily patterns buy all the old trading books you can at a discount from joe ross, larry williams, toby crabel, zillions of others. if i were you i would stop right there cause you can make plenty of money and have less stress than moving into intraday.

#108     Sep 26, 2020
  9. I can teach you. $200 per hour. Probably less than 100 hours total, depending on how quickly you learn. I work on daily charts only. No day-trading.

#109     Sep 26, 2020
  10. S-Trader

S-Trader

Personally, I've always like the Pristine-based school of traders, even if they don't necessarily describe themselves as "price action" traders. (There are about a dozen offshoots from the original service.) YourTradingCoach (YTC)/Lance Beggs also seems pretty solid as a starting point, although I haven't delved into his material in detail. Both offer tons of *free* resources -- blogs, articles, newsletters, webinars, YT videos, etc. I generally suggest people check stuff out that way first to get a feel for what they do, how they teach, etc. before even considering committing to paying for a sub or buying a course. Put some time & effort into maxing out on the free stuff first -- there's enough to keep you busy for thousands of hours... and only then consider paying for more.

Lots of traders recommend Al Brooks for learning PA, but I think he might be better after/if you get deeper into it. Very technical, tedious and dry, even if it's good stuff.

(Not affiliated with any of the above, have nothing to sell you.)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    #110     Sep 26, 2020