Which device and software to connect to my Trading application on PC windows

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TradeTune, Jan 1, 2023.

1. I travel a lot to islands and i need to carry small light weight device. And i like to leave my expensive laptop at hotel and running my trading application on it and need some way to connect to it through some very lighter device.

My laptop is 15.6" inches and weight around 1.87KG. I am thinking what i need to buy which weights under 0.75KG and which best device and software, i need to connect it to my full blown Trading software running on my windows PC remotely . Thank you

2. NorgateData

NorgateData Sponsor

Hotel Internet connections are notorious unreliable/require re-logging-in periodically.

As an alternative, consider installing all of your "full bown Trading software" on a VPS instead and remotely log into that.

apdxyk, MarkBrown, spy and 2 others like this.
  3. I am not looking for VPS, and i need to access other things in my PC also . Thank you

4. tango29

tango29

I would put some serious consideration into security if you are running on the hotel connections. Personally I would never use a hotel for my trading, banking, etc.

Lou Friedman likes this.
  5. My login is verified with two step authentication and transfer goes back to same bank account.
    Anyhow i won't discuss further anything unrelated to my question.

6. ZBZB

ZBZB

TradeTune likes this.
  7. RDP won't work as you need a public static IP that the hotel won't give you. I've used this application for years:

https://www.logmein.com

You have to install it on the laptop as a server, then you will be able to connect to it. They have a mobile app and a browser client, so you can use your own mobile phone/tablet to interact with it.

It is essentially like having your own VPS on your laptop.

TradeTune likes this.
  8. Doesn't "GO TO MY PC" allow access to files and applications, without having PRO version?
    It would be nice if i could turn on my remote PC, when it goes into sleep mode or Hibernates ?

9. alistera

alistera

It will not work and break the day you need it the most, there is always a better way but that needs detail.

#10     Jan 2, 2023