Which way? Gold.

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by themickey, Aug 20, 2019.

1. I guess it's an overplayed trade, with hawkish numbers looks like the rally is on pause...

#51     Oct 7, 2019
  2. Overnight

Overnight

$1550 seemed high. I cannot imagine it getting over that level again, unless war breaks out.

#52     Oct 7, 2019
    easymon1 likes this.
  3. yes, there needs to be a major catalyst to move GOLD a good number. For now, it'll range in the $1400s...

#53     Oct 7, 2019
  4. easymon1

easymon1

mr overnight,
    that was a hell of a good insight. I recall you posted that just a miniscule bit after that last major swing high. hats off sir

#54     Oct 7, 2019
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Thank you. And I did not act on it. Reminds me of the live cow call when it was at 99ish level, and I felt that was too low. Now look at it, up to 111. Oi! Frak!

#55     Oct 7, 2019
  6. themickey

themickey

That's my take on the whole market - nearly everything - October being a horrid reputational month, the market is like it's on holiday, very low volumes across the board, low movement, buyers content to do nothing at the moment, it's a waiting game right now - doldrums.

#56     Oct 7, 2019
  7. Overnight

Overnight

I did notice that ES volumes, when I glanced at it in a flash around lunchtime, seemed low. They are waiting for the FOMC I reckon'. Scary.

#57     Oct 7, 2019
  8. I guess everyone was on Paul Tudor Jones Bandwagon, my thought was he was long GOLD way before he mentioned it...winning in the markets is like "great sex "--Paul Tudor Jones

#58     Oct 8, 2019
  9. themickey

themickey

Do you have an itchy trigger finger to short something?
    Try gold, it's a better short bet than S&P 500, imo.
    index.png

#59     Oct 26, 2019
  10. themickey

themickey

Gold remaining strong, prolly not a good short, so forget that idea of it falling while general market rising.

#60     Oct 30, 2019