Whoa! This'll change things up a bit: https://interactivebrokers.capitalise.ai/wizard

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by tommcginnis, Aug 27, 2019.

1. I used to think that you need to be smart to make money. Nope, just buy low sell high or sell high buy low. I thought maybe someone knows something about the market I don't. Nope, you just need to visualize the market in a way that makes sense to you. I used to think that quants are some magical being that are beyond comprehension. Nope they're just nerds who look at the world through a specific lens.

What matters is that you find something that makes sense to you. Someone else's system is not helpful.

#21     Aug 28, 2019
  2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

I will admit that I picked up "3rd Party Advert" right from the start. What I *Don't* like, is that in 5-10 minutes of looking, I couldn't find the going-forward price. I don't buy products that fuck with you like that. Not a candy bar, not software, not anything. :mad:

Tucked away on their website -- I think I had to get it by searching on 'capitalise.ai' and then reviewing the site without the gumming-up that comes with access via the email. :rolleyes:

Still looks cool and all, but lacking the backcast ability it *is* just another way of setting conditional trades. Perhaps someone from capitalize.ai will see these notes and address the thoughts expressed.

#22     Aug 28, 2019
  3. I agree with you on this one. On top of what you mention, if you go to their website you can not find any information about the company Capitalise. They don't mention where they are from, what their business is, and so on. In total, it didn't make a reliable impression on me.

#23     Aug 28, 2019
  4. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

This https://www.capitalise.ai/team write-up is about it. FWIW, I find this typical in Software-as-a-Service start-ups -- they're all 'finding their way.' I might *wish* to know more, but I can recognize that by the time they write it, it's old news. "I get that."

#24     Aug 28, 2019
  5. S-Trader

S-Trader

Were you looking for something that's set up to do fairly rigorous backtesting in a sorta "canned" way? Won't mention it here by name, but one of the leading "scanner" services out there offers a product that allows you to develop and backtest strategies using a fairly robust suite of standard patterns, indicators and conditions. I messed with it briefly, and it looked pretty intriguing if your style is based on fairly discrete parameters, or at least, they can be used as a starting point. I knew of a trader who veered off into using that, and it at least appeared that it may have been working for him (lol).

One caveat: although you might be able to keep the strategy "private," the service will obviously be able to see what you're doing and your results. But anyway, if you're interested, feel free to message me. (I'm not affiliated with the service directly or indirectly in any way, don't even use it myself.)

#25     Aug 31, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  6. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

What you're describing *could* be Tradeview -- which I fiddled with for a good month+, and could never seem to overcome bugs/inconsistencies. (A cryin' shame, too. -- I really hope they polish like it deserves (IMO) to be polished and strutted 'round...)

I know there are other..."sharing" sites that could fit, though. But for capitalize.ai, I am very turned off that their all-in/going-out-the-door is kept hidden. WAY too creepy -- reminds me of, "just put this [little] fee on your credit card, and we'll automatically bill you so you NEVER have to trouble. Never. EVER. Your KIDS will be paying this bill, AND THEIR KIDS too..... We'll arrange it so that........."

Yeah.

No.

:wtf:

:D

#26     Aug 31, 2019
    S-Trader likes this.
  7. S-Trader

S-Trader

Not Tradeview -- it was Trade Ideas. (Guess it's OK to say it since I now see that this is under the "Company Specific" forum.) "Odds Maker" is the product I was referring to, and it looks like that can also be combined with some "AI" product for execution. Think they offer some kind of free or discounted trials. Other than that trader I referred to who I don't know personally, but is now apparently partnered with them, haven't gotten any first-hand opinions.

#27     Aug 31, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  8. ET180

ET180

Looks like a way to create more conditional orders that cannot be done currently without writing software and using their API. I have wanted the ability to place orders such as "If XYZ trades between $XX.XX and $YY.YY within the first 5 minutes after opening, place buy limit order at $ZZ.ZZ, once filled, place bracket order - sell stop loss as $AA.AA and limit sell at $BB.BB"

#28     Sep 11, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  9. redcap_

redcap_

Hello great experienced traders with IB :)
    Im a newbie in IB and I was looking at capitalise to perform a GTC order that I could not until now , find out how to perform it in TWS (I have been playing a lot in the paper account).
    Basically it would be , if XXX is lower than $10 sell all YYY in portofolio and after buy ZZZ (with all the cash available which will be available after YYY is sold). this would be possible through coding, but an order in TWS or I guess through capitalise (or similar) would have less problems executing the order due to problems (like computer down time, or network problems etc). Anyone has any ideas?

Thank you very very much for your time and patience.

#29     Sep 19, 2019
  10. redcap_

redcap_

Just a follow up related with this, I ask this question to Capitalise, and they were nice to answer that a conditional line like the one I was trying to achieve (which would be written like : Sell XXX 100000 and buy YYY 100000 if YYY is below 125) would execute the sell and the buy of XXX and YYY simultaneous, and my goal is to be able to perform the second operation after the first is successfull filled. I think only possible through coding a specific solution at the moment.

#30     Sep 19, 2019