Whole-market options snapshot data from ORATS

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by thecoder, Nov 17, 2021.

1. thecoder

thecoder

I just have informed the Amazon AWS support that I cannot and will not ask my bank to remove the security code from my card (cf. above suggestion of them), and asked them to delete my (half-finished) AWS account as well all the data they have collected from and about me (like bank card number, address etc.).

So, this I would say is the end of this my journey with ORATS, because w/o AWS the subscription service (product) I wanted to use is not usable, ie. the normal API download method has too many restrictions as described above. AWS S3 bucket would have been good, but it does not accept my card, as said.

I just also have informed @Matt_ORATS via email that after this 14day trial phase (it ends at the end of the month) I do not wish to continue the subscription. In the mean time I've to write/finish/adapt my program code. When I later find a way to get the Amazon AWS S3 bucket working then I'll try again (OR if ORATS lifts or fixes the limitations for the 15-min delayed 1-min-data plan when using API download as opposed to AWS).

So, then back to good old YahooFinance... :)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    #11     Nov 24, 2021
  2. thecoder

thecoder

You won't believe this farce at Amazon AWS:

They say they cannot close my (half-finished) account and say I have to do it myself and have given me web links with instructions for closing the account. I tried it, but it does not let me close the account if not prior the credit-card-setup has been finished :)

As said above: it does not accept my card... :) So, I'm stuck in an endless loop. Told this my experience to the support, and they now say (cf. email below) "After extensively research documentation, please notice that the only way to proceed and close the account, is to add a payment method whether is valid or not, this because the system requires at least one credit card register on the account to proceed with the closure."

But I think this support guy does not know that it's IMO impossible to add a payment method when it's not verified/validated... :)

I've in my whole life not seen such a dumb billing/payment system like that Amazon AWS system, incl. its so called support!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    #12     Nov 26, 2021
  3. thecoder

thecoder

I have again told @Matt_ORATS and their support that I do not wish to continue beyond this 14-day-trial which expires at the end of tomorrow (Tuesday), as somehow they seem to have ignored my above mentioned email from 2021-11-25...

#13     Nov 29, 2021
  4. Matt_ORATS

Matt_ORATS Sponsor

I'm sorry about your experience at AWS and that the snapshots did not work for you.

Due to the size of the files and the transfer costs we recommend having a S3 AWS account. This has worked for all of our many clients on the service. We offered you API access and yes with the delayed files we do not offer the ability to pull any time from our API to protect the live data. Live data customers can access all times if they were to miss a snapshot.

We did not ignore your email, as you know now, and were quite responsive throughout the endeavor.

In my view, this is an incredible service, for a price less than 10% of other providers. We have received nothing but great feedback from our customers.

#14     Nov 29, 2021
  5. thecoder

thecoder

Matt, I blame Amazon AWS, not your company ORATS, as I also wrote above some postings ago, ie. above I wrote
    I've lost much time with this problem caused by this Amazon AWS registration process, so I've for the moment enough of them.
    I'll probably try it again in some months. I'll let you know then. Thx.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    #15     Nov 29, 2021