Why a Democratic win doesn't crash the stock market?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by CoolTrader, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Because:

1. It was the most likely outcome, so baked in.
    2. Biden is actually going to control the pandemic so business can get back to normal.
    3. Anything is better than this dumbfuck.
    4. Same applied on election day....

#41     Jan 6, 2021
    billv likes this.
  2. El Trado

El Trado

#42     Jan 6, 2021
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

#43     Jan 6, 2021
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

Got it, so deficits matter only under Dems. Makes perfect sense.

#44     Jan 6, 2021
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

Munchin said fewtimes, no packing court, no state hood for DC and PR and no end to filibuster.

#45     Jan 6, 2021
  6. You sound like a Trumpy.

#46     Jan 6, 2021
  7. I don't see Trump as the "greatest thing since sliced bread"... so I'm not an advocate of him per se.

I just see him as the "lesser choice of evils" to anyone on the DemoCrap Left.

#47     Jan 6, 2021
  8. I think real traders don't care much about what the markets do...BUT if a Demo legislature is able to pass something horrendous like a Trader Tax based on percent of notional trade amount, well then that will suck big time. :mad:

#48     Jan 6, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  9. Also I believe you can only pass one bill (budget bill) per year via reconciliation that only requires a simple majority.

Here's an interesting take on the situation from a very liberal publication:

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-d...like-democrats-will-win-the-senate-after-all/

"I see a lot of chatter about how Democrats should now nuke the filibuster and start passing Medicare for All and everything else on the progressive wish list. Well, forget it. Democrats don’t have 51 votes to get rid of the filibuster, so that’s not going to happen. In terms of passing legislation, then, the big question is what Chuck Schumer will put into the annual reconciliation bill, which only needs 50 votes (plus Kamala) to pass. In practice, you get to choose only one thing, and obviously it needs to be something that every single Democrat will vote for."

#49     Jan 6, 2021
  10. Why do you feel the need to insult Democrats lol? Like what satisfaction do you get from typing out "DemoCrap"?

Also, do you not respect a balance between different strains of liberalism? Both democrats and republicans come from the same philosophical underpinnings. Things you might despise about dems (such as wanting to give rights to people) is an extension of classical liberalism. Economic policy, as previously pointed out, is actually more debt-averse under left-leaning governments because they care more about good governance than the right (both in the US and internationally).

Also, what exactly do you have against globalism? You're on a trading forum -- people here are probably far more diverse than people who congregate on other forums, with a wide range of backgrounds, histories, and values. In addition, trading & capitalism are globalist in nature. We don't live in the era of mercantilism and if that's what you want to go back to, maybe try living in China.

#50     Jan 6, 2021
    bklrnr likes this.