Why Biden has not closed US-India flight?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by trend2009, Apr 27, 2021.

1. I saw a short video which shows terrible situation of COVID crisis in India. Dead body lying on street everywhere. I wonder why Biden has not shut down air flight between US and India.

wrbtrader and userque like this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Because India does not have a COVID crisis now. They always did. That is why the USA, with about 28% of the population of India, shut everything down when we had no crisis, but asshole countries like India never took it seriously, and are claiming they now have a crisis, when the rest of the world is coming out of said crisis.

Now that India is reporting that they are spiraling out of control, they want free shit from us, after they have been scamming the American public through the phone for years. Fuck India. Time for some population control. FUCK THEM. OVER A YEAR LATER AND PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO REALIZE THAT MAYBE INDIA UNDER-REPORTED THEIR CASES? A BILLION+ PEOPLE AND THEY HAD LESS CASES THAN THE US, AND LESS DEATHS?

They can all FOAD.

3. I'm thinking you don't mean that literally? Because a lot of Indians are dying and although you may disagree with some of the politics you probably don't want a load of innocent people (of whatever nationality) to actually die, right?

4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

While it is true that India probably under-reported its COVID cases and deaths -- it is wrong to claim they did not take precautions or lockdown in the past. The states and federal government in India have been loosening restrictions over the recent months.

The monster surge India is currently experiencing is directly attributable to outdoor spread as mass events with little social distancing and no masks. All driven by their right-wing nationalistic leader (does this sound familiar).

All of those outdoor SuperSpreader events promoted by Modi created the COVID crisis in India.

Super-spreader factor: India's deadly COVID-19 surge follows crowded events
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coron...vid-19-surge-follows-crowded-events-1.5405335

NEW DELHI -- India's death toll from COVID-19 has surpassed 200,000 as a virus surge sweeps the country, rooted in so-called super-spreader events that were allowed to happen in the months after India thought it had the pandemic under control.

Now India is enduring its darkest chapter yet, with mass funeral pyres, burials and a collapse of the health system compounded by shortages of oxygen, ventilators, and hospital beds.

Fuelling the catastrophe were a series of crowded events, like mass rallies by politicians such as Prime Minister Narendra Modi, religious holidays and pilgrimages on the River Ganges, where people relaxed their vigilance and didn't wear masks or keep their social distance.

The health ministry on Wednesday reported 3,293 deaths in the last 24 hours, bringing India's total fatalities to 201,187. The deaths and the confirmed cases of 17.9 million are thought to be undercounts.

Now the surge is sending its health system toward collapse. Hospitalizations and deaths have reached record highs. Patients are suffocating because hospitals are using up their oxygen supplies. Fires at overwhelmed crematoriums are lighting up night skies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Biden administration expected to restrict travel from India starting Tuesday
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/30/politics/us-india-travel-restrictions/index.html

The Biden administration will restrict travel from India starting on Tuesday on the advice of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a White House official told CNN.

"The policy was implemented in light of extraordinarily high Covid-19 caseloads and multiple variants circulating in India," a White House official said.

The administration will issue a 212(f) order restricting entry into the US for foreign nationals who have been in India within the previous 14 days, a source familiar with the move said. Airlines have been told of the decision, the source said.

The new policy will take effect at 12:01 am ET Tuesday.

The policy won't apply to American citizens, lawful permanent residents or other people with exemptions. As with all international travelers, individuals who fit that criteria traveling from India must still test negative prior to leaving the country, quarantine if they have not been vaccinated and test negative again upon reentering the US from India.

The restrictions also do not apply to humanitarian workers.

The White House informed congressional offices on Friday of the move.

This is a breaking story and will be updated.

CNN's Pete Muntean and Natasha Bertrand contributed to this report.

6. Overnight

Overnight

I'm talking about the people who run the country and their health ministries, who never took it seriously. The same people who allow their call centers to scam people in other countries.

tetramorium likes this.
  7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Biden administration has finally closed travel from India that does not begin until May 4th...

A month too late in my opinion.

Canada is currently debating the same. Both countries had have problems with Covid because they allowed it into their countries via travel from countries that had outbreaks...especially via the so called "exempt travellers" that are allowed into the country without needing to quarantine nor testing for Covid.

I had confidence that Biden would stop that bullshit type of exempt travelling (no quarantine / no testing)...no longer have confidence in the government to stop that.

I have a cousin (ex police officer) that works for a private security firm that provides security for celebrities. They've been to Brazil, Pakistan, India, Italy and Germany the past 2 months...

They're not asked to quarantine and often not tested. They only need to answer questions on paper about their health status. :mad:

wrbtrader

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    userque and gwb-trading like this.
  8. I now suggest they fly into Mexico and cross the border illegally which automatically makes them Covid free. Stopping a few people from India while allowing tens of thousands to enter illegally is what I would call a toothless preventive measure. Thanks Joe

WeToddDid2 and elderado like this.
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Much easier to stop someone from flying into your country from the other side of the world in comparison to stopping someone from crossing your southern border on foot.

My issue is with all the damn loopholes that allows people to enter the United States or Canada from Covid hotspot areas while the damn border is closed for air travel.

wrbtrader