Why can blocked scum still spam my thread?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by earth_imperator, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Hi @Baron !
    Why can blocked scum like @TheDawn and @taowave still spam my thread?

Why is your fucking software so buggy and allows such scum to spam and so kill any and all threads they wish?

Your buggy system is part of this serious problem, as well the corrupt moderation here that doesn't stop such destructive scum elements.

Just apply this simple software fix to solve this serious problem:
    In a thread, only non-blocked users (by the thread-owner) shall be allowed to make a new posting!

Such blocked users still can read the thread by being non-logged-in, but that's not important and does not pose a problem.
    The problem is when they disturb a discussion by spamming the the discussion with their off-topic and idiotic trash.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

If you had them ignored, you couldn't see their posts so how do you know they are spamming.

If you are ignoring someone in real life, that doesn't stop the person from talking. You are just choosing to ignore what they say. Likewise, when you put someone on your ignore list, it doesn't stop them from posting. It just makes it so that you can't see what they write. That's the point. You don't want to see what they are posting.

3. maxinger

maxinger

Who is actually spamming who?

Anyway amitaba..... Hummmmm.....
    Peace be with you...........

4. This is a wrong interpretation of reality, b/c in real life if I block someone than it means I'm excluding that POS from my activities, for example when I give a party, as well am forbidding him/her to attend my presentations etc.
    In such discussion groups it should be the same: I as the thread opener (thread owner) do not want such scum to participate and disturb my discussion round, so they shall not be allowed to spam my thread to which I invested much time, research and energy...

5. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

You want to moderate your threads.That has been asked and denied plenty of times.

6. destriero

destriero

Isn't the OP the Hitler apologist/Putin sack licker? A million aliases with this guy. TheDawn is a fcking moron, agreed, but taowave was being helpful. Every one of (imp's) threads is an invention of some remedial vol-topic.

Cuddles likes this.
  7. destriero

destriero

Block them. The can't quote you when they are blocked. They have to logout to read your garbage so they'll move along. I doubt that taowave has any interest in continuing with your thread.

8. I have the said 2 persons for a long time in my ignore list.
    I wonder how they still can see my postings, and even quote my posting and make a reply!
    B/c if someone else has me in his ignore list then I don't see his postings nor can I quote their postings
    (I can see their postings only if I'm not logged-in, but then of course I also can't quote their postings).
    But: these two people can quote my postings even when they are in my ignore list! How is that possible at all?
    Do they maybe have an administrative access? They seem to have granted more rights than normal users. Are they maybe some aliases of the mod perhaps?... :)

Or they use multiple accounts and make copy&paste...
    Why then do the ET backoffice tools not detect such fraudsters by analysing the IPs in the log files?... If 2+ logged-in usernames from the same IP in the same timespan are detected then it surely is a catch, unless these users are behind the same router (like in a company)...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  9. destriero

destriero

Ignore -> you can't see their posts, but they can see yours and quote you. Block -> you can't see their posts, they cannot see your posts nor quote you. They have to logout to read your gibberish.

Darc likes this.
  10. When I get rich soon and buy ET from @Baron, then I'll do exactly this, and also fire this mod...
    ...like Elon recently did at Twitter... :)

#10     Nov 1, 2022