Why can't americans admit they messed up the economy?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by mahram, Apr 3, 2009.

1. gsrddi

gsrddi

Now that the U.S. government has embraced inflation with quantitative easing, I feel sorry both for Barack Obama and Ben Bernanke, as “both will be tarred and feathered as the people who were ‘on watch’ as the U.S. economy continues to deteriorate.”

#41     Apr 3, 2009
  2. Oh man, does that bring back some ugly memories. In another life I was in the Foreign Service (commercial section), and, because of my background, spent a lot of time in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union. I will never forget the summer day in August when I got out of my railcar in the central train station in Chisinau. I about passed out. Lord have mercy, what an absolutely unimaginable smell. Yuck. And it hasn't gotten a whole helluva lot better in the intervening years. Been back a few times. I know, I'm a sucker for torture. Heheh....

#42     Apr 3, 2009
  3. Thanks. Nice lecture.

#43     Apr 3, 2009
  4. Cesko

Cesko

Reminds me. NATO should be no more. NATO was set up for purposes which no more exist. Europeans should finally pay for their own defense. If Russians get too frisky French and Germans will come to the rescue.:D :D

#44     Apr 3, 2009
  5. Just one thing i can't get...Every single year since 2000 at least one amercain guy has got Nobel prize in economics.You are supposed to be the best in economy thing!But everything i hear..."We are as others.Don't blame us!All countries are guilty!"
    OK.You are as others.But why are your president and his team keeping lecturing all the world how to deal with all this crap?Maybe you should be more quiet?
    And without such idiotic sh*t like "be much better off in the stone age without us."

#45     Apr 4, 2009
  6. well your trader right and an investor, investors and traders belieave in learning from history and their mistakes. if you dont owe up to your mistakes, you end up repeating them over and over again. It's one of the basic tenants of trading and history in general, learning from your mistakes. I just dont understand why americans just dont say, ok we f'd up, and were sorry. we were greedy. Ok we sold garbage to you guys, and we knew it, sorry. And we will take responsibilty by taking the most pain and paying the most to get us out of it.

#46     Apr 4, 2009
  7. Illum

Illum

What would that solve?

#47     Apr 4, 2009
  8. note this is not an anti american thread, Im just a big tenant on learning from history and not shying away from it. And a big belieaver in oweing up to mistakes. Look at what you guys are doing now, getting ride of mark to market, and allowing banks to make up their own profit models. Did we not learn from enron, worldcom, and japan. Its not a happy ending. and all of this derivitive and leverage mess, there has been still no change in wallstreet and america on this mess. In fact, they are being encrouage to relever up again. everybody knows, this is a accident waiting to happen again, and everybody is saying it wasnt our fault, it was a fluke.

#48     Apr 4, 2009
  9. The Vietnamese shooter of 13 in NY said the USA sucks......Cesco are you still in love with your adopted country? Admit it it is "fuckism"......

#49     Apr 5, 2009
  10. Cesko

Cesko

I don't take people who kill other people seriously. Do you think he killed because U.S. sucks or because he is seriously deranged?? You tell me why he just didn't leave quitly (without shooting) and went back to Vietnam?
    Reg. my "loving" U.S.. How about you? Do you still hate U.S. yet keep staying put in America??? Why? I know you have million reasons that you just "can't".

#50     Apr 5, 2009