Why can't americans admit they messed up the economy?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by mahram, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Tresor

Tresor

From the context (I refered to debts in my post) you could read that I meant macro-economic ratios , like:
    (i) household debt / GDP, or
    (ii) per capita debt / GDP, and similar ratios

Eastern European debts can be repaid within a few years by one generation. It will take a few US generations to repay US debt.

As I mentioned in one of my earliest posts standards of living in Eastern Europe are much lower than in USA. It is obvious - living in Eastern Europe was not financed by debt to the extend that living in USA was financed through debt.

Regards

#51     Apr 5, 2009
  2. ammo

ammo

3. There is a "virus" spreading in the US and across the Atlantic, this is fuckism, stress related to uncertainty of the future and helplessness. Sadly, as conditions worsen people snap, and there are a lot of them reading the news.....This is going to get worse and do not blame the victims who snap but look at the causes for the madness and desparation. Why do you think EU has lesser of this phenomena? Would it be that there is a better social safety net to all while in the US it is selective and dysfunctional?

#53     Apr 5, 2009
  4. Because they didn't. They messed up the US economy. The rest of the world happily tagged along for the ride, taking their piece of the action, and are responsible for their own decisions in building domestic economies so dependent on the US debt fantasy.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

#54     Apr 6, 2009
  5. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

Mah-ram,

we gave you electricity, oil, combustible engine, modern medicine, airlines, computers, ( that you are using now,,haha,)catscans, nuclear medicine, MRI, anibiotics, keyboards, software, cd, did i mention just about all modern medicine that may save your life one day, polio vaccine, cancer treatments, contacts lenses, breasts implants, Air Jordans,lol, heart valves, brain surgery, and not last but not least, Baywatch,,,etc... must i go on.

When we basically shared all these things with " you guys" , did we scold you for being a dumbass for not thingking about it first,or having the capability to make it, no, we made friends and sold it to you or gave it to you.

So we have a 2-3 year cyclical economic turndown and you want us to feel bad about it.

Turn off all the lights in your house, turn your tv off, throw your toilet out the window, along with your fridge, oven, microwave,computer-internet and toaster,pretty much every modern convienece and say hello to the year 1850. .....without USA,, there is where you would be.

EF

#55     Apr 6, 2009
  6. Great flag waving and a bunch of lies....
    a lot of those "good" things were due to European education and ingenuinity without us euro kin you would be a prison system for mother england. and most of the goodies the Germans invented and done better than the yanks. without the German scientist neither the Russians or the yanks could have done the missile technology, landing on the moon etc.
    And I did not even mention Tesla, whom Edison ripped off and with his(Tesla) way we would NOT have an energy crisis. Edison short-sightedly fumbled electricity!!!!
    You could of course jerk off for bay watch without us Europeans...

#56     Apr 6, 2009
  7. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

Tesla rocks, I loved them in the 80's, I saw them once, they opened for Metallica,, good show.

EF

#57     Apr 6, 2009
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

I remember when I was younger some of my cousins came to my aunts house to live with us. All they did was complain and bitch about how hard this and why the american dream that. Guess what, my uncle sent them home packing. The American dream ain't easy and it might look like a farce, but many who have made great wealths out of nothing could tell you a different story.

#58     Apr 6, 2009
  9. It's downright hideous. Or how about the towns around Chernobyl - I'm talking about outside the no-travel zone. I love how the FSU left the destroyed reactor with no cleanup whatsoever. That area of the Ukraine should be habitable in about 40,000 years or so. I think that's the half-life of the radiation.

Of course OUTSIDE the area, people continue growing radioactive fruit and veggies, selling them in the kiosks and having babies that are born all messed up. A friend is a nurse in a town about 300 km south and sees all sorts of f'd up stuff.

#59     Apr 6, 2009
  10. I don't hate the USA. I am from a Germanic stock and I am fucking proud of it (born in Budapest but never mind that, I am a krout)! My daughter was born here but I am still a "krout", I love the USA, mainly the people but I hate the "system" that is causing people to snap and do unimaginable deeds.
    Cesko and people like him think they will be better accepted or liked if they shove their heads down the sand, I on the other hand want to honor the people of the USA by showing them ideas and concepts the mass media conveniently ignores.

#60     Apr 6, 2009