Why China is the winner in all scenarios

Discussion in 'Economics' started by thecoder, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Not much different from many petty bureaucrats in the Western world. Chenguan look just like TSA, except not as fat. Petty bureaucrats is how the real bureaucrats stay in power.

#11     Nov 21, 2021
    Jones75 likes this.
  2. piezoe

piezoe

Perhaps this entire thread is just a promotional for improved public education in the U.S.A.

#12     Nov 21, 2021
    thecoder likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

What a lovely country. Just makes one want to renounce US citizenship and become a Chinese national.

#13     Nov 21, 2021
    beginner66 and Nobert like this.
  4. VicBee

VicBee

If anything, the video shows that Chinese people aren't happy with their CCP leadership and China has frequent, large and violent protests regularly. Their strict hierarchical culture leads to insidious consequences, one of which is that Chinese break all the rules when not under the watchful eye of authority. The other is the constant abuse from authority, from the private store guard all the way up to the CCP leadership. If one can, they will abuse their power just like if one can, they will break the rules.
    The common Chinese has been in poverty for generations, abused by feudal lords, state dictatorship and now the communist regime. Given a modicum of freedom over the last 20 years, they will spend several more generations splurging in conspicuous consumption (several million people doing this at the same time will come across as pillaging to the rest of the world) buying anything and everything they can (new rich mentality) from Hermes bags to Chateau Margaux by the case and beachfront properties, no questions asked. This will last until generations are removed enough from poverty to remember and comfortable enough to feel their possessions will not go away. From that point, China will enter the next level of cultural and societal evolution, less self absorbed and more interested in the less tangibles. Make no mistake, all developed nations have gone through similar evolutionary steps.

#14     Nov 21, 2021
    murray t turtle, thecoder and NoahA like this.
  5. themickey

themickey

Reminds me when I was a kid they used to say "the pastor's daughters are the wildest ones". (That was all about trying to get a bonk).

#15     Nov 22, 2021
  6. %%
    ITS been a long term persistent pattern with them:caution::caution:[Of course some muzzies brought it on themselves, so cant really blame the chicoms for that crackdown.] And the dumb killing of all the sparrows, caused a big killer famine cause by grasshoppers/WSJ article.
    Apples + electric bills have not risen anywhere near those % noted in his thread; in some cases apples have remained the the same price as last year. I 've got a small commercial orchard, so i keep up with that.
    Did not see the SEPT apple dump downtrend prices/2021 we usually see.........................................

#16     Nov 22, 2021
    Nobert likes this.
  7. Tora

Tora

It is true that all over the world most of the economic processes that are taking place clearly do not help ordinary people, people earn more and more and this is still not enough to not only survive, but also to postpone and so on.
    Although, according to statistics, the number of millionaires is growing every year, so probably everything is as usual and in our time, in general, a lot is possible, especially if you are really ready to work hard and are ready to somehow adapt to new conditions that are constantly changing and which constantly present some surprises.
    Regarding where it is best to live and where it is better to build a business - in the West or in the East - the question is relative, you can become successful anywhere.

#17     Nov 24, 2021
    thecoder likes this.
  8. Branos

Branos

Inflation actually eats up much more than you earn in most cases, and this is certainly a little sad. I think most people find ways to get around this, especially those who are thinking about their future and about the future of their children. It is necessary to fight inflation exclusively at the state level, so this is a really big and complex issue that concerns politics, economics and even social processes in each particular country.
    Can we speculate about how to solve this? I think this is possible purely in theory. At the same time, it is possible, at least on the example of Switzerland and Sweden, these countries earn more than they spend, they are able to fully provide for their population, this is truly admirable.

#18     Nov 24, 2021
    thecoder likes this.
  9. VicBee

VicBee

Countries with lots of natural resources and small populations tend to do well, although religion and climate also have an impact on successfully providing for a nation's population (I say that as an atheist btw).
    I've always admired the opposite, countries with large populations managing to raise the standard of living of their population, like Japan, the US, Europe and recently China. Of course, Europe is still fragmented with populist separatist inclinations; but overall, 570 million people live in better conditions than even 50 years ago while the US seems to be imploding in anarchy despite its great wealth.

#19     Nov 24, 2021
    thecoder likes this.
  10. anak

anak

it's not the best but atleast there's no syariah law

#20     Dec 4, 2021