Why complicate things?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trader1974, Apr 3, 2022.

1. trader1974

trader1974

Why the obsession with the short term?
    Why complicate things?
    With swing trading the risk can be much lower than the possible profit.
    The same does not happen in intraday trading. Day trading due to price noise, getting an edge above 50/50 is quite a feat.
    The price easily goes from bullish, to bearish or sideways.
    Many think... I have done it.
    But sooner or later the market puts them in their place, being practically impossible to beat the market.
    You can follow the price action but... sometimes it's confusing and you'll lose your gains.
    You may find some market correlation but... sooner or later the correlation will go away and put money back into the market.
    I have tried many years.
    Like me, many others have tried it before and finally threw in the towel.
    I've tried everything and nothing works consistently.
    I would appreciate any advice

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. there is no noise in prices, its all information, you just dont know how to process it, therefore it appears as noise.

3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

you shouldn’t trade then. It’s not for you and that’s okay. I’m coming to terms that my day job may not be for me.

4. Hello trader1974,

Everyone who can click buy or sell button not worthy and should not be allowed to give you advice.

This is the root cause to your problem. You need to clearly define exactly what your trading problem is and exactly what you want from your trading.

The Root Cause to why you are not consistently profitable:
    • Asking advice from other traders you have no solid proof of consistently profitability the past X years. It is like me asking a crack head how to start a consistently profitable trucking company.

Permanent Correction Action to be consistently profitable
    • Only ask advice on trading from traders you know have solid proof of being consistently profitable the past X years.
    Thank you

bookish, Laissez Faire and Leob like this.
  5. Leob

Leob

Everything work in micro TF, it's always momentum..

6. From beginning of year till today, my win rate ranges between 60-100%, intraday only, with a reward-risk ratio of 3, though it should be higher. That being said, it's been very easy, like shooting fish in a barrel. So let us see.

murray t turtle and Leob like this.
  7. deaddog

deaddog

Very good numbers. What percent did your account increase.

8. The trading account is relatively small, it is used for income so % is meaningless as I only track actual $. The goal is to at least get 50-100% on the account every month. So far, YTD, average monthly "return" is 200%. But again, I only look at dollar amounts.

No I can't become a trillionaire in 3 years, that's not how it works. I cannot compound this much.

9. easymon1

easymon1

I still don't have a clear difference between the term 'swing trade' and 'day trade' other than duration of the trade. Is that all? That's the only difference?
    If you can clear this up for me, that would be great.

Understandably the pattern footprint may dictate different stops and targets on a longer term trade taken from a 'Swing Trading Chart'.

Would you say that these differentials remain proportional or not?

Would you say that longer term charts trade differently than shorter term charts?
    One 'better' than the other?

Would you say that a trade to buy on a pullback to support works differently on a 'Swing Chart' than it does on a 'Day Trading Chart?

I would appreciate a chart image or two demonstrating a successful swing trade or two.
    Whether marked-up or not. Your choice.

10. SunTrader

SunTrader

Daily/weekly/monthly % are meaningless.

#10     Apr 3, 2022