Why Did Bright Close It's Dallas Office?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Jessica Spears, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Hey, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas! :D

#41     Jul 30, 2006
  2. is bright charging the same insane .007 for remote that he was charging in an office? if so thats damm robbery. he's scalping .005 or more with absolutely no overhead. i've said this before and i'll say again if you're doing 1 mil or more vol a day and are remote you can get .003 and great leverage many places. don't cheat yourself shop around and be tough

#42     Jul 30, 2006
  3. volente_00

volente_00

Trading for a living is about freedom. Not having to answer to a dick head boss everyday. Not having to rely on others for their capital to trade. 100% absolute freedom. Any trader worth his salt does not have to worry about kissing a prop shops ass for leverage because they already have all that they need.

#43     Jul 31, 2006
  4. I could not agree more....in the end this should be every traders goal!

#44     Jul 31, 2006
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

This post makes no sense. Prop traders don't have bosses. They don't rely on anyone for capital. They have 100% absolute freedom. And I'm confused about the kissing the prop shops ass comment. Could you re-post this so it actually makes sense. Are you referring to a salaried position possibly?

#45     Jul 31, 2006
  6. Who cares.

#46     Jul 31, 2006
  7. volente_00

volente_00

If someone is a manager at an office, with people trading there, what exactly is he managing ?

Where does the leverage come from to trade with ?

Just because you are putting up 5 or 50k, does not mean you do not have to answer to who is putting up the rest of it.

#47     Jul 31, 2006
  8. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Well, I too have traded at an office and at home and prefer home. Sure there's a social atmosphere at an office. So what? Successful traders that make money don't need to be at an office to continue to make money. And synergies? Good for some people. But if you have a system that's working then that may be good enough. And I don't need the 1/2 hour commute each day. At home I can go out for a run or bike ride whenever I want. Trading isn't a social thing for some people ... some people value the total freedom at home.

#48     Jul 31, 2006
  9. jem

jem

Maverick makes a point for a few people. But to use his logic. While do so many traders leave New York form a hedgefund and move to greenwich, la Jolla, del mar, or other interesting places.

In the end a guy who has a great method wants the freedom to leave where he wants and the secrecy to exploit his edge in the best way possible.

Of course, if you edge has lots of room, bring the traders into an office, show em what to do, and monitor their butts so they dont blow you up.

#49     Jul 31, 2006

10. That is called "baby sitting".....no freedom there! :D

#50     Jul 31, 2006