Why is Canada euthanising the poor?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Arnie, May 1, 2022.

1. piezoe

piezoe

I failed to make it clear that Mr. Foley, who complains that the hospital wants to kick him out, has besides the marvelous option of assisted suicide, which any sane person in his position would choose, the option of transferring to a nursing home where the nearly 24-7 care he needs could be available. Instead he insists that Canada pay for him to stay at home. He does not realize how lucky he is to not be living in the USA where he'd have no option of assisted suicide -- except in Oregon. By the way, if the hospital had withheld water for 20 days, as he claims, he'd be dead.

#11     Dec 11, 2022
  2. Arnie

Arnie

#12     Dec 12, 2022
  3. Note to Freddy Foreskin: We are here for you Mate. We know the winters in Canada get long- from September 1 to July 1- but hang in there. Don't take the easy way out just because it is the Canadian way.

#13     Dec 12, 2022
    FortuneTeller likes this.
  4. It's not the system, it's the moron who suggested it. And was removed from the position.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
    #14     Dec 12, 2022
  5. I think some of the Crazy Rightsters here would benefit from such a program. It would put them out of their misery and ours. Win-win.

#15     Dec 12, 2022
    piezoe likes this.
  6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

This is not a one off. We are seeing a pattern of stories of people being told by authorities in Canada to consider euthanasia.

#16     Dec 12, 2022
  7. And I wonder what happened to those people in those positions.

I'm not sure where I stand on the issue, but I don't think other people should be suggesting it.

#17     Dec 12, 2022
  8. It is too late of course to change your mind after you have committed suicide.

Similar to when children "decide" these days" to have their balls or tits cut off because they "identify with a different gender.

As a Canadian said once: "I don't think people should be suggesting it."

#18     Dec 12, 2022
    FortuneTeller likes this.
  9. Maybe all of this "let's kill ourselves" crap in Canada can be a good thing.

All Canadians will be dead, and the US can take over their land and use it for something besides
    producing maple syrup.

#19     Dec 12, 2022
  10. piezoe

piezoe

My impression is that Canada Heath's problem is being misrepresented by anecdote. The real situation is different than would be assumed from these misleading anecdotes we read of. For example, consider the case of Mr. Foley who was deteriorating from a totally debilitating neural disorder, and who wanted to stay in his home with virtually 24 hour nursing care but had not the means to afford it. Under Health Canada he could have been transferred to a nursing home with subsidy based on his ability to pay, though he made no mention of that in his complaint. He presented his case as though his only options were euthanasia or staying home without the care he required. The options in Canada are the same as in the United States, except there is no U.S. Euthanasia option, with the exception of Oregon, and also of course the cost for equivalent care is less in Canada.. Obviously options are expanded in Canada by comparison with the U.S., but you wouldn't know it from these misleading anecdotes. It is simply impossible for us here to make valid judgements in specific individual Canadian cases based on the anecdotal information we have available to us. But if we take the time to check up on Canadian Health care options we will quickly see that no, old folks in Canada are not being required to kill themselves!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
    #20     Dec 12, 2022