Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Unfortunately, that's not of much help to a beginner.

Not likely a beginner would be leveraged to that extent. But it's not beyond belief.

Beginners are ignorant. They are not necessarily stupid.

#3581     Oct 11, 2013
  2. Yes, but remember that successful traders get precisely their money from beginners. Without beginners we won't able to make a dime, especially in zero-sum games like the Futures and the Forex market.

For example each time I am making money following an up trend, I am essentially taking money from beginners who are short and refuse to close their position and take the loss.

Yes I know, it's almost immoral but that's the reality of trading.

In fact we are not trading any market, we are trading people.

#3582     Oct 11, 2013
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Which is why beginners need to learn their business, which was the purpose of the original post, which, unfortunately, fell short, hence my original response.

#3583     Oct 11, 2013
  4. Don't feel bad about it. Life is a zero sum game. There are a few winners and a lot of losers. The market is actually darwinistic, just like the rest of life. It eliminates all but the very best.

#3584     Oct 12, 2013
  5. J Ski

J Ski

"Obviously, something touched you in this thread to go as far as to join ET specifically to critique this thread. Why did you not join to critique other threads, just this one? That's for you to think deeply about".

Like I wrote before.
    Interesting thread.

:D

#3585     Oct 13, 2013
  6. The reason I just replied is because I just found the thread. I don't really read any trading forums. I figured out they are mostly nonsense pretty early on. I did a google search a couple weeks ago for something trading related and this thread came up as a top result. I clicked in out of curiosity and decided to read on and then reply. What is strange about that?

#3586     Oct 13, 2013
  7. Yes and no OverDriven, unlike the Forex and the Futures market, the Stock market is not a zero-sum game, in the long run every buy and hold trader wins, due to the upside bias of this market.

Got to go now, the Yen and the Australian dollar are kicking hard, so I will put some rock music on and get busy! :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDnlU6rPfwY

#3587     Oct 13, 2013
  8. Careful with that. It WAS kicking hard last week only because of the US government acting like they're getting their act together (which was a lie). Anyone who was smart enough to get on that after the first higher low/high easily rode that wave of false hope to sweet glory. Same with USDJPY of course. If things don't go well in Washington this week then there could be large scale buying of the Yen. Really, betting on almost any trend that developed last week could quickly turn into a trap this week. You have to remember that just because "USD" doesn't appear in the pair doesn't mean that it isn't heavily influenced by sentiment on the USD.

#3588     Oct 13, 2013
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

Markets are made of people (just like soylent green :D )

#3589     Oct 13, 2013
  10. You are right, but don't worry about me, I NEVER trade with fundamentals.

If fundamental "analysis" had ANY predictive power, every economist would be billionaire by now. Even Joe Six Pack would quit his day job, analyze stocks and make a truckload of money every day.

(Right now I am short the GBP/JPY (at 157.00) and waiting for the Chinese Consumer Price Index report due in 3 minutes...)

#3590     Oct 13, 2013