Why M4 is not popular?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mcgene4xpro, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. for 10% the price of MT4, why it is not so popular among brokers?

From their website
    http://www.m4platform.com/brokerage.aspx
    http://www.modulusfe.com/

"Solutions for Brokerages Large and Small - Stocks, Futures, Forex and Everything Else

As a brokerage you are probably paying exorbitant fees for a trading platform that you don't technically own, or you are concerned that your competitors are releasing so many updates and revisions that you can't keep up with them.

Or perhaps you have spent tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars to build your own platform that is just not living up to your expectations or your clients' expectations, yet is costing an arm and a leg to develop and maintain?

You're not alone. Brokerages all around the world have been searching for a better trading platform solution.

What You Should Know Before You Buy, Lease or Build a Trading Platform...

1. Buying and re-branding an off-the-shelf trading platform is very expensive and too restrictive.
    2. Building a trading platform from scratch can be very time-consuming, frustrating and risky.
    3. Leasing a trading platform and paying royalties is never sensible! Your clients can be held hostage.
    4. Not having your trading platform source code means you're at the mercy of the technology provider.
    "

I can not find any logical reason for not brokers using it

2. I just want to clarify that MT4 is not the same as our M4 product. The "M" in M4 was supposed to stand for "Modulus" while "MT" of course stands for "MetaTrader" - a different company.

To be an altruistic dope, I will answer the OP's question. Our product ("M4") requires C# development and integration. It's not a "plug-n-play" or "ready to use" app. It is a large collection of source code (1 million lines) that is perhaps 85% or 90% of what a brokerage or trader needs for a complete solution. Some brokerages don't want to mess with software in-house. But that's our main selling point - that the platform is customize-able.

Mainly I just wanted to clarify that MT4 is not the same as our M4 product. Perhaps bad product naming on our part - but the name is white-label so the customer can change it to something else.

Richard

3. I understand that M4 is not MT4. However, what about its popularity?. Do you have many brokers using it? Do they like it?

4. I prefer you email us for the list of brokerages - I'd rather not use up space on ET, that would be spammy. Just wanted to clarify M4 is our product because another poster placed a link about MT4. So you can email us for a list and I will bow out now. Thank you.

5. Pekelo

Pekelo

You must be the most modest paying sponsor ever....

Just spam away, you paid for it!

6. Thank you. I do have one thing to share and will only do this once, since this thread was about our product anyway:

http://www.modulusfe.com/var.asp

This is a link to a reseller program that we're offering (for a limited time). This "value added reseller" program can help anyone wanting to get into the financial software business with only $50k to $100k out of pocket, with the potential to earn hundreds of thousands (there are a couple catches).

Requirements & catches:
    1) You have to be a software developer or you need to hire a software developer. We have developers available at $25/hr.
    2) This involves hard work and business sense.

Thank you for allowing me to post this and if anyone is interested, please call or email (you can find contact info on our site). The best time to reach us is after market hours (we do trade) or if you need an urgent reply please contact our support desk.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  7. At $25/hr development cost, what are the total costs for a typical or basic application?

8. M4 requires a minimum of 40 hours or $1,000 to integrate a brokerage API. Most spend around $3k adding new features, changing the UI, etc.

#10     Aug 22, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.