Will we ever find out who Satoshi Nakamoto is?

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by OptionsOptionsOptions, Nov 16, 2021.

• Will we ever find out who Satoshi Nakamoto is?
    • Allegedly he owns 1.1 million bitcoins valued at around $65 Billion and has not touched them since Bitcoins inception.

HolyGrailSeeker and johnarb like this.
  1. maxinger

maxinger

[​IMG]

adamovicm likes this.
  2. It's some combination of Craig Wright, Hal Finney & Dave Kleiman. But Hal & Dave are dead so may never know the exact way it all worked.

Trader Curt likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Does it really matter? I mean, seriously?

4. Pekelo

Pekelo

I am sure he polished them a lot and they are shinny as my ass on a Sunday morning as they sit in his vault.

5. johnarb

johnarb

My bet is on Nick Szabo as Satoshi Nakamoto

In the bitcoin White Paper, Satoshi gave credits to everyone except Nick Szabo's work on Bit gold, hmmmnnnn

By the way, the 1M Satoshi Nakamoto bitcoins are spread over many addresses and possibly many wallets (each one containing ~50 mined bitcoins plus the bitcoins that are sent to the addresses over the years)

I suspect those bitcoins are lost forever because satoshi may have mined with bitcoin addresses that he did not save the private keys to in order to avoid the temptation of ever cashing them out in the future when they are worth billions of $ or even trillions of $

That's what I would do if I was idealistic like that :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Szabo

6. Group of Asian whiz kids.

johnarb likes this.
  7. It is a long-lasting curiosity of many of us to identify the founder of bitcoin. Only time will say whether we can find him or not. But how does it matter though! You need not worry about that till bitcoin mining and trading are in full swing. Even if he owns 1 million bitcoins, you can concentrate on the rest of the 20 million.

johnarb likes this.
  8. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

I believe Craig wright probably did play a part with making Bitcoin, but is not the main founder of Bitcoin. And you would think that Satoshi would be a huge market manipulator, but all the funds he has held in his wallets have not moved since the beginning. This either means that Satoshi is dead, or he forgot his wallet info (how does this happen when you are smart enough to create a currency??), or Satoshi wants to keep his identity hidden by not moving the coins and giving us clues who he is.

But I believe Satoshi is still out there, and is probably involved with making more coins. For the longest time I suspected the CEO of Binance to be him, but who knows??

#10     Nov 17, 2021
    johnarb likes this.