worldco vs. generic

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by rs7, Jun 19, 2002.

1. no clue. my guess is, better than average, like he was then.

#11     Jun 19, 2002
  2. I read another article that described him making a half mill on a good day (in the old days). that's a real good day.:D

#12     Jun 19, 2002
  3. VOLUME

VOLUME

I know of MANY guys who were "better than average" in '99 and '00....some of them are still around (and struggling), some of them are out golfing (retired), and the majority are clicking through HotJobs listings right now.:)

#13     Jun 19, 2002
  4. i think this guy is better than 'better than average.' I knew a few hotshots. I never saw anyone knock down 1/2 mil in a day.

But, wdik?

#14     Jun 19, 2002
  5. rs7

rs7

I have seen many many.....but not in the past 2 years

#15     Jun 19, 2002
  6. really? you must have worked at Schony!

I've was sponsored by a guy who, on a good day, could do 150-200k. Trouble is, he had bad days, too....

I also sat next to a guy that scalped NADA Q to the tune of 8-10k, day in, day out, gone by 11 am. Could count his losing days on two hands.

#16     Jun 19, 2002
  7. rs7

rs7

I worked at a few places......most of the really big action I saw was down on the floor in the OEX pit on the CBOE. I worked for a firm that had reportable limit positions all the time.

But yeah, I daytraded too with guys that did huge numbers. Even I, who was mid level at best, could have 100k days in either direction.

For now, though, I just want to relax and make a living...pay the bills. Get off the Prozac:p

#17     Jun 19, 2002
  8. u r da man.

as a risk cutter --hey, that's what I can tell people I do! -- big days are not common.

I say a guy drop 100k on two positions before 10 am once....

#18     Jun 19, 2002
  9. rs7

rs7

No, if were "da man", I wouldn't be here bored and trying to get by....I would be remote trading off my yacht like someone I know.

100k in two positions....guess he was an overnighter. All depends on size. Hey, it was only about 3 months ago if I remember right that SEPR opened down 27 pts. 5 of 9 guys in my room had it long. Two of them had at least 4k shares....so there you go for 100k. Don't know how I missed that one. Just luck...didn't hear it get called out. Maybe went to take a leak at the time. Don't think luck doesn't come into play!!!:confused:

#19     Jun 19, 2002
  10. Chasinfla...where do you trade and how long have you been trading? And what do you trade? Retail or prop?

#20     Jun 19, 2002