Worse than the Great Depression

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ProfitTakgFool, Nov 6, 2008.

1. richrf

richrf

Totally agree. I would never bet against the American people, once they decide to put their shoulders to it. This country is turning around. People are coming together, and we are ready to rebuild. I'm Bullish on America.

#101     Dec 15, 2008
  2. read an article in the NY Times, and I am sure its available online,

regarding how China both as a company, country, nation and manufacturing facility have fast tracked building, distributing and selling internally and externally, a fully electric automobile with four dours and capacity of 5 passengers

in less than one year

------

uh, Detroit bailout?

boot straps....

have the Auto Czar fast tract all electrice hybrids for production, sale and distribution in less than 1 year, not by 2010 or 2012

what are they thinking?, that there will be:

1) future bailout funds after the Jan 2009 funds run out?
    2) that if you wait they will come?
    3) that if you're not first to delivery there will still be customers?

they need to be doing like we did during WWII and doing three shifts and full turn over, like ricky-tick to get these on the showroom floor...

they need to produce cars that people WILL buy

#102     Dec 15, 2008
  3. If this were 1955, I'd agree with you.

Alas, it isn't and the neverending chorus of "where's mine?" does not lend itself to a population bent on re-defining itself and starting from scratch.

#103     Dec 15, 2008
  4. richrf

richrf

The issue is not the American worker, but management, that entrenches itself into a position, enriches itself by using short-term strategies that are bound to kill of the company, and the leaves the company in shambles only to enjoy its own riches on the beaches of Europe.

We need a pro-USA administration for a change, that will allow stockholders to limit pay, kick the bums out, and let the American worker do what it does best - create and product .... as oppose to enriching a few.

#104     Dec 15, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

That's just the delusions of NObama-mania talking. I wish they'd all just drink the Kool-aid. Their bilge is tiring already.

#105     Dec 15, 2008