Would like some advice on proprietary trading firms.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by StuckeyBowler, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedy

speedy

Dude, are you reading my posts? Not once in any of my posts did I say that you should not trade. I have friends that trade prop and said that I wasn't totally against them. They can be a good stepping stone. All I was saying is that you should only consider the reputable ones who can accomodate your needs. As a Princeton grad, I would think that you would have acquired certain skills rather than attacking blindly. You asked for advice on firms and I gave you some.

#71     Jun 22, 2003
  2. You guys are all good peole for the most part. I have been coming to this site from months.

I have an observation to make about this thread:

This particular thread was created for one of two reasons:

1) For marketing purposes of one of the firms that is
    CONSTANTLY mentioned in these posts;
    2) To get people to say bad things about certain firms so that
    those firms could hold you responsible for all of the bashing
    that has gone on against particular fims. Which, if you are
    not aware, has affected their reputation in the industy, and
    affected their prop trader customer base.

Those of you trying to answer questions on this thread are over looking why this thread was setup.

Wake up people and smell the coffee.

You're being suckered. And, they did a pretty good job at it by the looks of the posts on this board.

My favoite quote: Think outside the box

In this case, it would have helped you guys.

#72     Jun 23, 2003
  3. What are you smoking? You probably trade prop for Andover or Worldco.

#73     Jun 23, 2003
  4. Are you nuts, have ETG and Schony just recently not closed offices? I have several friends that run different shops in this business, and 1/2 mil+ a year guys basically do not exist. So where is the liable in what I said.

Overtheline, you're the type that just likes to take the opposite of any argument, and most people I talk to on Elite have realized that and just argue with you for the sake of arguing. They really could care less what u have to say, plus read your own post, it doesn't make sense, and good job using a thesarus to come up with fancy words.

#74     Jun 23, 2003
  5. which office(s) did ETG close??? i thought they just bought 3 from Protrader.

#75     Jun 23, 2003
  6. caliber: That is precisely the reason why turning down a trading job at a top investment bank is a poor decision. There are plenty of 1/2 mil a year guys in the corporate world.

#76     Jun 23, 2003

7. Do you really think he 'turned down the job" ??? Do you really think he just graduated from Princeton?...Again, you are all being conned into a conversation/debate...How would you like to be this guy's parents? You just shelled out about 200k to send your boy to one of the best schools in the country and when he graduates, he turns down Lehman brothers and decides to trade 5k in a prop account at one of the aforementioned schools??? LMFAO!!!:p What a joke....wouldn't it have been easier to just take 50k from your folks and trade ?? No...you spend 200k to get an Ivy league degree and without even given your chosen field a shot, you jump strait into prop trading ??? Funny:p

#77     Jun 23, 2003
  8. You guys are all good people for the most part. I have been coming to this site from months.

I have an observation to make about this thread:

This particular thread was created for one of two reasons:

1) For marketing purposes of one of the firms that is
    CONSTANTLY mentioned in these posts;
    2) To get people to say bad things about certain firms so that
    those firms could hold you responsible for all of the bashing
    that has gone on against particular fims. Which, if you are
    not aware, has affected their reputation in the industy, and
    affected their prop trader customer base.

Those of you trying to answer questions on this thread are over looking why this thread was setup.

Wake up people and smell the coffee.

You're being suckered. And, they did a pretty good job at it by the looks of the posts on this board.

My favoite quote: Think outside the box

In this case, it would have helped you guys.

#78     Jun 23, 2003
  9. Magna

Magna Administrator

I've seen enough of these threads too, so let's say goodbye and move on to the next one....

#79     Jun 23, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.