Would this work

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by shortthelows, Aug 16, 2010.

1. TCapital

TCapital

I trade options derivatives on Indexes, ETFs and currency markets. I am willing to sign a none-disclosure agreement with anyone including shortthelows who started this topic. My strategy and code will not be disclosed, but markets traded will be available to both parties for view in real-time through monthly account statements.

We will open a free 100K SIMULATION account with TradeStation Securities, I will begin to trade it for 3 months and you will deposit 100K into the account after the 3rd month on proof that I am able to generate at least 10K each month. Simple.

This will be a partnership account with two signatories. The agreement will be witnessed by a third party preferably an attorney. The agreement will be tentative but will include a set-time period of trading between 1-3 years when any party may request a review or total pull out.

For further details, any interested party can PM me and I will take it further from there.

#51     Aug 25, 2010
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

TC, I can't speak for the entire trading community, but most firms want a minimum of 12 months of trading sheets and preferably 3 years. And even that is depending on the number of data points. In other words, if you are making 10 trades a month, you better have a 10 year track record or longer. Two months is not going to cut it. Unless you are making like 1k to 2k trades over that period. This is just my opinion.

#52     Aug 25, 2010
  3. I'm looking for a GM / another profitable trader/ capital partner

What I need is fundamental research teams,
    a) a team of 5+ people constantly doing fundamental instrinic analysis on industries
    b) One more very precise Profitable trader.
    c) I also have lots of capital to run with, Capital is not a problem as maverick74 has said.
    d) Anybody that can be an "Asset" or provide value to the firm, such as

- more capital
    -more connections.
    - more trading experience/skills

e) I'd be willing to mentor our traders to get them up to speed of course.

=========

pm me for skype. Lets chat if u have value to provide.
    I'm running this in the financial capital in asia right now, You'll need to relocate if u ain't here.
    originally from york.

#53     Aug 25, 2010
  4. There is no need for a NDA. Put up the capital, get the leverage and start trading. Plenty of prop firms cater to automated traders. If your system is good, you should have at least some decent stake to leverage, assuming you have actually been trading it live. If this is all backtested & simulated results, sorry but you do not have much to go on. The ball is still in your court to either gather the initial capital, gather live results or both.

This rough business model is in place because that is where the industry is. Yes, there were days when new guys were taken on with no experience and even given a draw. That is because the environment allowed for it and the numbers worked. Such is not the case nowdays and has not been for years. There are plenty of guys with ideas, backtested systems & supposed "potential". But they are not worth the risk.

#54     Sep 1, 2010