WTS alliance with T3 Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Alpha Trader, Oct 29, 2014.

1. That is another way to go @sonictrader , but you will be negotiating on T3 terms as opposed to WTS. I know that WTS has better rates overall, but don't quote me on that, as that is just a general feeling I get from what I've heard.

#11     Oct 30, 2014
  2. Just out of curiosity, anyone know how the transition for Chimera and Avatar progress?

#12     Oct 30, 2014
  3. Thanks. T3 wasn't even on my list of firms to consider. I always considered them an educational firms first and a trading firm second. I thought they made all of their money pushing their products. No thanks.

#13     Oct 30, 2014
  4. Lol. That is what I got from reading some reviews online. I'm not in need of education/training, so my primary role with them would be to trade. For now, I'm going with the flow and will see how it all pens out. You can PM me or post here in a couple of months to see how my "journey" fared.

Good luck to you with whomever you go with.

#14     Oct 30, 2014
  5. T3 also purchased Echo Trade and Top Gun Options and will now be the largest prop firm in the world with approx 800 U.S. professional prop traders.

#15     Oct 31, 2014
  6. That's interesting. It seems they have definitely grown, as their Member's Equity, according to SEC filings, went from just over a million at the end of 2010 to almost 15 million at the end of 2013, with over 40 million in total assets.

My guess is after the WTSprop acquisition, their member's equity for 2014 is far greater.

#16     Nov 1, 2014
  7. In the US maybe, but not the world... not even close to the largest if you look globally.

Actually, is there any records for trader numbers between US props? If so, do they separate depository firms from firms that fully back traders?

#17     Nov 1, 2014
  8. Not sure, however both firms list the PHLX on their sites, so it's probably something they had to just deal with to move forward. I doubt there were any structural changes required, other than paperwork, and definitely a bunch of regulatory fees!

#18     Nov 1, 2014
  9. I thought JC was a sub group of WTS? If so, then their group will soon trade through T3, so it's probably not a big issue, since you'd end up trading with the same group. The only change is the broker, from WTS to T3.

#19     Nov 1, 2014
  10. Four times bigger from what I heard.

#20     Nov 1, 2014