You don't own gold, not one of you owns gold.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Der Vent, Aug 22, 2011.

1. zdreg

zdreg

be serious. people will not hand it over. if guns were declared illegal in Texas tomorrow how many guns would be handed in?

#11     Aug 22, 2011
  2. AK100

AK100

Sorry, but you cannot have the 'Land of the Free' banning Gold without the whole world making a mockery of the US. I mean Gold, it's such a dangerous weapon, right up there with weapons grade plutonium :)

Mind you, they'll probably try and spin the argument with the word 'terrorist' as in 'only terrorists own and like Gold - non-terrorists and patriots give it/sell it back to their government.'

#12     Aug 22, 2011
  3. Asterix

Asterix

Yes, I know . But after reading Wealth, War and Wisdom by Barton Biggs I am not sure that physical gold is the best wealth protection.
    But it depends on the country and the situation. (sometimes fine art, sometimes land, sometimes jewelry worked better). For inflation, hyperinflation probably gold is the best , but if the problems are bigger (war, civil war, nationalization) may be it is not enough to have only gold. We'll see ...

#13     Aug 22, 2011
  4. zdreg

zdreg

this is a correction to the previous post which accidentally attributes to Crazy A which he did not make.

#14     Aug 22, 2011
  5. WelCUM back Cold/c-kid, I have my right eye on you

#15     Aug 22, 2011
  6. feel free to wire all your dollars to my bank account

#16     Aug 22, 2011
  7. Gold was money once, now it is just a relic of a bygone age.

Main use of gold today is by Indian farmers as bling for the wife.

Do you think all the gold could have built the modern world we see today? Simply not enough of it around to fund everything.

Gold is now just an asset class like any other and is subject to bubbles and crashes like everything else.

This gold bubble still has legs. So money still to be made.

#17     Aug 22, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Why do you sound like bearice?

#18     Aug 22, 2011
  9. They'll move out of the US to, say, Switzerland..

Unrelated but another reason why taxing the rich won't work.. they'll just move away.

#19     Aug 22, 2011
  10. morganist

morganist Guest

It's not Bearice. He has a different writing style.

Plus his posts are longer and jump from one subject to another. This guy or girl is concise and consistent.

#20     Aug 22, 2011