You get tariffs, and you get tariffs, everyone gets TAAARIFFFED!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Cuddles, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...uctural-steel-from-china-mexico-idUSKCN1VP2R7

U.S. imposes duties on structural steel from China, Mexico

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Commerce Department said on Wednesday it imposed duties on Chinese and Mexican structural steel after making a preliminary determination that producers in both countries had dumped fabricated structural steel on the U.S. market at prices below fair market value.

2. They just announed trade talks. It's about time we did something

elitenapper likes this.
  3. Right, after all equity markets are in recession territory, the German economy is on its knees, American businesses are close to being bankrupt. Just makes me wonder how Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, Berkire Hethaway managed to pile up 150 billion in cash each. We definitely need lower rates as we have record unemployment and we need to immediately end the trade war, the world is on the brink of a total collapse.

(the above according to our ever so honest media and politicians)

Oh, if we small citizens were not all so stupid to believe all that crap then we would have forced our decision makers a long time ago to enact structural reforms to again create true value. Instead we eat up all those lies and so nothing changes, the top 0.1% gets exactly what it was asking for and keeps on accumulating. This all smells like insider trading on a massive scale. Trump will go into the history books as mankind's largest benefactor to large corporate interest. Congratulations.

athlonmank8 likes this.
  4. MKTrader

MKTrader

The S&P 500 is up almost 20% for the year and not far from an all-time high. It's too bad ET doesn't have a nominal IQ filter to keep the riff raff and perpetual victim/whiners off these threads.

5. If you did not get that it was pure cynicism then I can't help you. I even marked it as such. Are most of the guys here truly high school dropouts?