You guys aren't going to believe me but...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bond_trad3r, Jan 8, 2009.

1. i have to admit i've wondered what role 9000 nukes will have when push really comes to shove

it would be the first time in history someone with that much firepower voluntarily kneeled before a new master

#21     Jan 8, 2009
  2. ess1096

ess1096

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

#22     Jan 8, 2009
  3. so what does your friend's family member do at the frb?

janitorial?

#23     Jan 8, 2009
  4. Name One:

Texas: One of the strongest.

Our company, record year last year and we are energy. Looking to double our profits this year as "Private Equity" ...all that cash on the sidelines, is put to work.

Medical: San Antonio, Houston are on a huge growth rate with Medical....all aspecs.

Military: NSA, and the 4 Branches are building like crazy in the South Texas Region.

Housing: Stable. I picked up a Bi level loft, 3400 square feet, corner of on of the best buildings downtown San Antonio. It is up 5% as of the last quarter, total worth has increased near 10% since I purchased it, but is starting to even off.

Plenty of places doing well.

#24     Jan 8, 2009
  5. You are delusional.

These areas may do better than the rest of the nation, but booming? You are straight out lying. For example, Houston is having record degrees of homeless. A few years ago, they were near non-existent.

#25     Jan 8, 2009
  6. when the governement can no longer borrow, which i feel is the next big crisis (the projected deficits - will NOT be met with eager lenders), debt service rates will explode, and anything of any value under the red white and blue will be sucked dry to pay the government's insatiable appetite

#26     Jan 8, 2009
  7. Arnie

Arnie

So everyone is going to stop buying food, fuel, shelter etc, etc....?

Riiiiiiigghhttt..............

What a bunch of drama queens. :D

#27     Jan 8, 2009
  8. Based on the value of your prior contributions to ET, your friend's relative that works at the Fed must be the nighttime janitor that scrubs out Bernanke's toilet bowl. :D

#28     Jan 8, 2009
  9. donnap

donnap

Unbelievable, simply unbelievable!

And here I was thinking that the economy may be in far better shape than anyone is currently expecting.

Boy, did I get that one wrong.

#29     Jan 8, 2009
  10. i lol'ed a little at that

#30     Jan 8, 2009