You hate facebook? Too bad...you will eventually get an account.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Mar 2, 2012.

1. When I deleted, there was an actual option to fully delete. If I remember, they subjected me to a 30 day wait period. If I logged in, in that 30 day period, the "full delete" would be cancelled. I didn't log on for two whole months, just to be sure. I then tried to log in, sure enough, my account truly was gone.

Give it a shot, Oldtime.

#41     Mar 3, 2012
  2. i've been terrified to even go anywhere near facebook. I'm not too cool with a computer. How do I do it? Do I dare go to the facebook website? And then what do I do?

#42     Mar 3, 2012
  3. Facebook provides instruction here:

http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=224562897555674

#43     Mar 3, 2012
  4. ok, i tried it, sure enough the old account was still open, they said the delete would take effect in 14 days.

in just minutes I got bombarded with email from facebook and just about everybody else that wants to check my credit and sell me insurance

like when I started out, I was in the accumulation phase and the old guys were in the preservation phase of investing

I guess it's the same way now, young kids want to be known, us old guys want to remain private

nobody knows me? that's cool, the more the better

#44     Mar 3, 2012
  5. OK, now DON'T LOG IN AGAIN!!!

Wait 60 days, just to be safe, then try logging in and see if you're still there.

#45     Mar 3, 2012
  6. ok thanks, I tried asking all this on the software thread I think it was. I don't know why nobody could tell me that. If it works it was pretty simple.

thanks

#46     Mar 3, 2012
  7. 56 spam msgs just since I signed on to facebook a few hours ago to delete my account

facebook is really evil

#47     Mar 3, 2012
  8. Facebook IS a bubble. You cannot compare facebook to cell phones btw. You have to realize why cell phones became so popular, they allowed us to do things we couldn't do before them. Facebook does no such thing....

#48     Mar 3, 2012
  9. I would sue for discrimination

#49     Mar 3, 2012
  10. If I had two choices, If one had a facebook account and the other didn't, I would probably figure the one that did was just another average dipshit.

"Is there anything about you which makes you outstanding?"

"Well, I'm one of the few left that still doesn't have a facebook account."

#50     Mar 3, 2012