You hate facebook? Too bad...you will eventually get an account.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Mar 2, 2012.

1. #51     Mar 3, 2012
  2. #52     Mar 3, 2012
  3. hahaha, you kids today, no vision. That's what they said about AOL, and I still have my original account, and it's just as cool now as it was then.

#53     Mar 3, 2012
  4. samus

samus

I don't have facebook, I never willl, its a point of pride bucking the lemmings who think FB is wonder bread. Comparing this to cell phones is just plain idiotic. I also don't pay for cable TV opting to use an HD antenna instead... god, how do I survive?

#54     Mar 3, 2012
  5. Don't get me started about Cable TV. What a waste of about $50 to $100/month ( depending on the package). Anything of value is availale online if you search for it.

#55     Mar 3, 2012
  6. I just use a cyrstal radio. A friend has one of those new FM radios. I don't see what the big deal is. Plus, if you listen to them a lot, then you need electricity. Everything was fine until they invented the wheel. Now everybody just rolls here and there. I had to drive 5 miles to the jogging track just to see what a girl looks like when she is walking. I don't know how a young man even picks out a wife anymore. I guess now you just get on the internet and ask, "How many facebooks can you carry?"

#56     Mar 3, 2012
  7. Why do I "need" a facebook? Can someone explain this to me? What do you do with it?

#57     Mar 3, 2012
  8. Can you please tell me how I can achieve a near level of cable service free from internet sources?

#58     Mar 3, 2012
  9. nbc.com
    foxnews.com
    abc.com
    cnn.com
    commedycentral.com

also consider

youtube.com
    google.com/news
    huffingtonpost.com
    drudgereport.com

so what are you getting on cable that isn't available above again? ;)

#59     Mar 3, 2012
  10. I met my wife on YouTube. We are both violinists. I had just been to a live performance of the amercian violinist Hilary Hahn. Went looking for more of her taped performances. We bumped into each other while both listening to the same music video online. Both commented. Started chatting privately. ..... a baby bhardy is due in July.

So, yes, meeting people online is quite common now.

#60     Mar 3, 2012