You owe it to yourself to educate yourself on what is happening

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ProfitTakgFool, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Mecro

Mecro

Well our Earth is finite and the population is finite. Regardless, it always has value and it is divisible. The paper explains the concept well.

I posted the link for "The Mystery of Banking", it's a pdf. 300+ pages but not really that long of a read. I notice most even interested in the topic never bring themselves to read it.

#51     Oct 7, 2008

2. Well, I'll give it a try.

#52     Oct 7, 2008
  3. achilles28

achilles28

I have told you several times what the answer is.

You seem unwilling (or unable) to listen.

Commodity-backed currencies (Hard Money) that freely compete.

Thats the best *interim* solution until the General Public comprehends the nature of money and the importance of its strict regulation.

hard money would destroy fractional reserve banking and debt-based credit.

Further, a deflationary economic system results in capital formation, mobility and pricing that's determined by the Free Market. Not artificially by a Central Bank.

This preserves the value of money relative to fiat currency and returns stability and equilibrium to financial markets.

When markets over-heat, competition for private capital raises rates and thus has a self-regulating effect. Similarly, when the economy slows, capital becomes plentiful and cheap which stimulates investment etc.

#53     Oct 7, 2008
  4. Surely you can summarize? Aside from the partiality of advocates of the Austrian School to gold I don't see that much in terms of ideas. Even what ideas they do have seem to have been greatly discredited in the 19th century. Anyway who in the political sphere adheres to the Austrian School of thinking? The Republicans one would think. But they're the ones running up the debt and making a mess of the economy.

So we should live like people in the 18th century is what you are saying? But go on, explain how this scrip works.

By the way doesn't the government currently control the money supply? Isn't government supposed to represent the People? If the People do not control the government then who does? Are you going to go off on some wild conspiracy theory now?

Sorry but I'd rather not go back to the days of a barter system thank you very much. I'll take a variation of the current one warts and all over that.

The real irony is that the Unites States was probably at its greatest danger of going communist during the Great Depression which resulted from following the tenets of classical economics which you seem to espouse.

Another irony that the Fed was created in response to several financial crises that struck in the 19th and early 20th centuries. So saying the Fed is the reason behind all financial crises and getting rid of it will prevent them in the future is hogwash.

#54     Oct 7, 2008
  5. I don't know why you are so enamored with deflation. If Weimar Germany and the Zimbabwe of today are cautionary tales of the dangers of hyperinflation, the Great Depression is a poster child for chronic deflation.

#55     Oct 7, 2008
  6. Which are their argumentation and conclusions? Or links.

#56     Oct 7, 2008
  7. achilles28

achilles28

Its not a problem.

"Deflation" has been vilified and sold as an anathema to economic progress.

And the only "cure-all" to such a catastrophic condition, we are told, is inflation.

Thats a load of crap sold by Bankers and Wallstreet to shore up support for debt-based credit and fractional reserve lending.

In other words, Economic Propaganda.

You're all gonna die if you don't vote for the bailout.

You're all gonna die if "Deflation" lays claim on the land.

Here's why its bullshit.

Both deflation and inflation - when taken to extremes - can destroy economies.

But to get to that extreme point, would require an impossible feat by the True Manipulators to corner the nations commodities.

In other words, under freely-competing commodity backed currencies (gold, silver, platinum, copper, aluminum, steel, wheat, barely, cattle etc), it would be impossible to engineer such a scarcity in money to make hyper-deflation a real threat.

3% deflation is far less destructive and far more preferable than 3% inflation.

#57     Oct 7, 2008
  8. achilles28

achilles28

Because its impossible to corner even a fraction of the worlds commodities and hold it off market, to create such a scarcity in the money supply that would induce hyper-deflation.

Like I said in the above post, hyper inflation or deflation can only arise from a massive co-ordinated, and pre-mediated effort by the Manipulators.

While hyper-inflation is easy to manifest when a Government controls the printing press, hyper-deflation is impossible to create - under a commodity-backed currency - since production is diverse (and private), and resources are nearly infinite.

To create hyper-deflation would require the cornering of *ALL* commodities, then hold them off market as to eradicate the money supply.

Thats impossible, so commodity currency is hyper-deflation proof.

#58     Oct 7, 2008
  9. Personally, I don't know what the solution is. This problem is far too big for an economic layman to solve but one thing is certain, the Federal Reserve needs to be abolished and personal income tax needs to be eliminated. The Feds primary purpose is stated as maintaining full employment, economic stability and price stability. Think about that the next time you go to the store and pay $4 for a loaf of bread.

Income tax exists for one and only one purpose -- to pay interest on the money the Fed creates and lends to the Treasury. Without the Fed there is no need for an income tax. Why would the government need to borrow money that it creates and tax you and I to service the interest?

#59     Oct 7, 2008
  10. Exactly.

#60     Oct 7, 2008