You still think RECESSION is coming?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by HedgefundTrader2, Jan 24, 2008.

1. I would say the same to you. Why do you think we should take anything that comes out of your incoherent mouth?

#31     Jan 25, 2008
  2. Go do your 9-5 J.O.B. (just over broke), watch American Idol and Fox News, pay us 80% taxes, STFU and die and pay us more taxes. The end.

#32     Jan 25, 2008
  3. That statement is interesting because there were definitely a disproportionate amount of layoffs on Wallstreet compaired to Mainstreet. Did it color their thinking more than it should?

SM

#33     Jan 25, 2008
  4. Forgot to say. By day, I do a lot of Phase I Environmental Assessments for banks. I've seen a surge in orders for assessment of commercial sites over the last few weeks that seems beyond what is normal seasonal variation. I spoke about this with a commercial lender just yesterday and she said the same thing. Now, the definition, "recession" is pretty arbitrary, but the orders I receive and and uptick in commercial lending are leading economic indicators, just as the stock market performance is too. Remember that most commercial loans are based on the prime lending rate, and that has been cut alot lately.

So for all of you folks who are voicing your opinion that we're in a recession loudly, you might want to soften your stance a little bit.

SM

#34     Jan 25, 2008

5. Buying 18 eggs for $6 is NOT smart. I refuse to buy.

Go to Mexican grocery stores they have cheaper vegetables and eggs, 18 pack of eggs for $2.30 . Donot shop at Trader Joes and Whole food for eggs that Organic stuff is total bullshit.

Anyway back to recession topic please....

#35     Jan 25, 2008
  6. You always see that here on the board. We tank 5% and we're in a recession. We rally 5% and we're suddenly out of it. Pathetic.

#36     Jan 25, 2008

7. I am not the one coming off the hinges here, you are.

If you assert so wildly that there is a recession its only a deluded thought otherwise you would have thrown a whole bunch of stats in my face. it goes to prove your doom and gloom outlook without any basis in reality.

#37     Jan 25, 2008
  8. These are thought process, not the empirical world out there. What one feels suddenly starts appearing as reality and that my friend starts bordering on delusional anxiety.

There is a massive amount of delusional anxiety as if something bad is going to happen to us. The month of January has more psychiatric cases than any other month. Isolation, post holiday blues, drinking, running out of money, pressures, loneliness.

#38     Jan 25, 2008

9. US recession can only start happening if the consumer stops spending. That is why Congress is giving away $145 billion a free money to you so you add to the GDP and raise that by at least 0.5 basis point each quarter.

Tell me what other country our size of 300 million people, stuffs free money in its Citizens pockets? Your country has done a lot for you, its time you do something for it.

#39     Jan 25, 2008
  10. If you find one post of mine where I say we are in a recession, I will admit you are right.

Take your time.

If you can't (and you won't because I never said it) then it just goes to prove that you're the one who has lost touch with reality.

Go on, give me that John F. Kennedy quote once more - as if that is going to make some sense in the conversation.

#40     Jan 25, 2008