You think it’s a buyer’s market for new cars? You ain’t seen nothin’ yet.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Dec 8, 2008.

1. the difference is that from what i heard, this year the local dealers were paying for the display at the LA show, and they are only doing it to make sales, unlike when someone from Detroit is there.

#11     Dec 8, 2008
  2. Here in Argentina, there are 200,000 employed in the auto industry.

The Car companies began layoffs a couple of weeks ago but the gov. stepped in and said you cannot suck out the profits in the good years and hang people out to dry in the bad ones.

So here is the plan ...
    the auto companies sell their cars at cost and the gov. provides low interest loans to the buyers.

This plan has now been extended to cover flat screens, washers, driers, AC etc etc.

It has taken everyone completely by surprise because it is the first time that gov. has worked together with the productive sector.

regards
    f9

#12     Dec 8, 2008
  3. MattF

MattF

would make Rent-A-Center look like child's play here :D

#13     Dec 8, 2008
  4. no real deals yet. i am in the market for a new 09 tahoe. even though i offered cash and no trade they wouldnt go under 50k.

#14     Dec 8, 2008
  5. harkm

harkm

I am surprised any company does business in Argentina.

#15     Dec 8, 2008
  6. Wait a few more months.

You will get it for under 40K

#16     Dec 8, 2008
  7. I think they will sit on the 09's for a bit.

I'm looking to pick up a 08 4Runner, but I think I'll just wait for now after seeing all of those cars on port. :D

#17     Dec 8, 2008
  8. Guys, just wait and be patient if you want a new car, house or boat.

Trust me; these things will only get cheaper.

Much cheaper.

We are all living in a period of time that will be studied in economic textbooks at the graduate school level for generations to come.

#18     Dec 9, 2008
  9. I was looking at 4 door diesel pickups, but decided to wait, this was a few months ago. I'm glad I waited. Think I'll wait a while longer now and wait until I can get a steal.

#19     Dec 11, 2008
  10. Anybody know what the "per acre" discount is for Mercedes- Benz.
    Actually, come to think of it I don't even know what the "per acre yield for mercs is

Maybe one of the corn or soy Traders could help out.

regards
    f9

#20     Dec 11, 2008