You+

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nitro, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Stewie

Stewie

I found it interesting because even if he found out from a PM that one member has made millions, couldn't one assume that there are others that have also made millions? So to say that this one has made the most makes me initially think that there is no way this could be so, unless the number is astronomically high.

Its like this. If someone told me their profits in the past 10 years have been 5 million, I'm not all that impressed since this is 500k per year. If they said its 100 million, this is a much bigger number, but still within the realm of perhaps not being the biggest. If you say 500 million, I'd be willing to say that you don't need to check with anyone else and crown this guy the biggest winner.

Also, if we consider that CJ has only ever been a member of this forum under his current name which was registered Sep 2014, this isn't nearly long enough as most here will say the forum was much better years ago. So I would expect that comment to come from a member who has been around many many years who is familiar with a decade worth of posts and members here. But since CJ, under this current name hasn't been around that long, it is once again a statement that isn't nearly as conclusive, unless of course he really is privy to some information.

I'm not questioning it, simply just thinking it through based on available info and logical assumptions.

#91     Dec 6, 2015
  2. cjbuckley4

cjbuckley4

I'm not comfortable with sharing his or her identity and I don't know that she/he is actually the most profitable, hence the "ostensibly the most profitable..." I don't know this for sure.

I'm not going to be responsible for her/his inbox blowing up. I'll say that the most profitable guys are generally under 1000 posts. "Two ears, one mouth" sort of folks. I'm not comfortable revealing more.

#92     Dec 6, 2015
  3. Stewie

Stewie

Fair enough, and I fully respect this.

I agree with this 1000 post thing. Sometimes I see an answer to some very complicated question by a member who never posts, and yes, given what the answer is, it could only be answered eloquently by someone who has a very deep understanding of some very complex principle in trading of piece of software that nobody would ever use to its full potential.

At the same time, this same member might very well have multiple aliases so as not to attract too much attention.

I remember someone pointing out a post not too long ago where who apparently made more than 100 million was offering free advice for one day. (gnome) After 10,000 posts, he decided to retire, and I even believe his expression was to retire that ET alias. Its more than likely this person is still around under a different name, but having moved on from that "life". Its almost like being a super hero!

#93     Dec 6, 2015
  4. cjbuckley4

cjbuckley4

Thanks for your understanding.

#94     Dec 6, 2015
  5. Gambit

Gambit

It's cool. This is a crass topic of conversation anyway. Did not mean to pry...

#95     Dec 6, 2015