You+

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nitro, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Lol-- its called Google optimization.

#31     Dec 3, 2015
    Xela likes this.
  2. Its also the most difficult thing u will ever do-- if u don't outsource to nannys or boarding school!

#32     Dec 3, 2015
  3. Gambit

Gambit

Your property taxes may be comparable to some bigger cities. I'm assuming that a person or family would live frugally and economize in all ways possible. That may mean renting instead of owning. Maybe even living in a....
    [​IMG]

#33     Dec 3, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.
  4. Gambit

Gambit

I politely and vigorously disagree. The middle class in this country is in a tightening vise. More taxes are not the answer. Think about alternatives to property taxes. The current tax system is more regressive than progressive.

#34     Dec 3, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.
  5. I think that is my parent's neighbors haha

#35     Dec 3, 2015
    Gambit likes this.
  6. Gambit

Gambit

I was being PC. They may be discouraging gwai lo/foreigners from applying to their capitalist commune. Maybe somebody from the region can comment on this issue?

#36     Dec 3, 2015
  7. sprstpd

sprstpd

Maybe you're the joke.

#37     Dec 3, 2015
    Gambit likes this.
  8. cjbuckley4

cjbuckley4

I doubt this will reflect well on me, but as a millennial, I'm not interested in communal anything really. I didn't spend half a decade in college to refuse consumerism. I could've done that playing xbox at my parents house. I'm hoping to out do my parents just like they did theirs. I don't want to be greedy or buy too much stuff I don't need, but I'm not gonna do this You+ and renting everything stuff. If I'm 30 and don't have any assets still living in a dorm, I'd view that as a tremendous failure. What exactly is the point of starting a business if you're content with what would be considered dismal public housing in the US? Enjoyment, financial stability, a sense of purpose? These aren't bad things, but a job and a hobby could get you the same kicks with a lot less headache and more job security.

#38     Dec 3, 2015
    marketsurfer and FCXoptions like this.
  9. Gambit

Gambit

I don't think that it reflects poorly on you at all. For some millennials though, this maybe an alternative lifestyle considering their poor economic outlook. Not everybody is a gifted quant and not everybody is born with the skillset to enter Software development/Healthcare/Cybersecurity or whatever field is hot right now. What is the average millennial burdened with a mountain of unforgivable debt to do? Our economy has bifurcated into a small set of thriving haves and a mass of desperate have nots.

tl;dr Dorm living while working on a startup beats living in a tenement alone.

#39     Dec 3, 2015
  10. Gambit

Gambit

I think I saw this on Justine Tunney's blog. If this image doesn't encapsulate America's present state, I don't know what does:
    [​IMG]

#40     Dec 3, 2015