You+

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nitro, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Nothing wrong with that. Its just strange hearing it on a financial trading site.

surf

#51     Dec 3, 2015
    cjbuckley4 likes this.
  2. if I wanted to build an empire I certainly wouldn't be a trader. Trading is just a way to eak out a meager existence without an alarm clock and a boss. And even then, if you are trading Australia or Japan you still need an alarm clock.

#52     Dec 3, 2015

3. LMAO I would have cracked up.

#53     Dec 3, 2015
    Gambit and cjbuckley4 like this.
  4. ok, bro. Good luck!

#54     Dec 3, 2015
  5. I already had good luck. Now I am just trading away the fruits of my labor. And it aint half bad.

#55     Dec 3, 2015
    marketsurfer likes this.
  6. xandman

xandman

C'mon, cj. Aren't you on the 2nd round of interviews for "Master of the Universe"?:p

You don't seem to have an arrogant bone in your body, but you are on the far end of the distribution.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    #56     Dec 4, 2015
    cjbuckley4 likes this.
  7. cjbuckley4

cjbuckley4

Haha, I actually do have a second round interview with Dr. Evil coming up soon.

No, the internship interview process came to an end a month or so ago. Feels so good to be done with borrowing my roommate's suit for a while. Thanks for the compliment, but I assure you I'm not without pride. I think you might be getting fooled by a bit of selection bias. I may only be humble by the standards of this site, where the average participant is about as arrogant as Floyd Mayweather.

If you're still into MM or ever just want to talk about trading, Feel free to shoot me a PM. I didn't see anything in my NDA for this summer about online forums, but I may or may not be going dormant for safety's sake at some point. I doubt I'll be exposed to anything too earth shattering, but I'd rather not risk anything. I should ask my recruiter next time we're in touch. I'll be sure to make sure you have my personal email before then if I am taking a hiatus. Too bad I'm in NYC this summer as I was really hoping to get that beer with you. Trading is a long career though, I would be very surprised if I never made my way up there in the future; it'll happen. Hope you're doing well.

#57     Dec 4, 2015
    xandman likes this.
  8. piezoe

piezoe

The average indebtedness upon graduation =~25K. And that is probably bumped up 1 or 2 K by very high outliers, or perhaps even Med school loans. Good to keep a proper perspective. One of the great things the Obama administration did was to cut out the private lender loan sharking.

#58     Dec 5, 2015
    xandman likes this.
  9. the richest people on the face of the earth are college students. I use to deliver pizzas to them. I couldn't afford to order a large pizza and hang out with friends on a Friday night. But they could. Paying for tuition is one thing, and I am all for that. But a lot of that student loan money was just for living expenses so they could hang out unemployed on a Friday night with their friends and order pizza. And after student loan interest, just about every one of those pizzas ended up costing them about 80 bucks.

#59     Dec 5, 2015
  10. to reiterate, I as a taxpayer will gladly pay for your education from kindergarten to college degree, including all tuition, book fees, lab fees, and even transportation. But room and board? Nope, I'm a taxpayer not a landlord, and living expenses? If you can find a bank that wants to loan you money so you have a house and food, and a little spending money....caveat emptor, but I wash my taxpaying hands of any of that crazy kind of debt.

#60     Dec 5, 2015