Your favorite setups and signals

Discussion in 'Trading' started by frnw, Sep 13, 2022.

1. frnw

frnw

What are your favorites setups and signals in 2021-2022?
    1. Unusual volume
    2. Gappers
    3. Momentum
    4. Breakouts
    5. Unexpected good news
    6. The Parabolic Long or Short & etc.

How to find and trade these setups?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. You're scavanging and vulturing doing all of those things looking for odd inversions while not really grasping the whole tactical picture...find something much more reliable, or consistent and steady in your approach and process, and understanding to making money in the market,

Stratter likes this.
  3. GotherL

GotherL

What you listed is an perfect compilation of the millennial type of trader. Although, momentum is always important. Regardless of your trade style.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
  4. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

the kind i keep to myself.

5. zghorner

zghorner

I've changed things up completely recently and have been doing better than I ever have since starting. Im just trading some really simple setups mostly intraday and on the same instruments. I have come to the conclusion that It is easier to pick short term direction than it is long term...maybe its just me idk.

1. enter with longer term trend direction on short term pull backs.
    2. fade on signs of supply/demand exhaustion
    3. Long term support/resistance areas (I say areas rather than lines because I think that is a more accurate description)...is price being rejected hard or hanging around disrespecting the no go zone lol

6. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

This is like asking food favorite by country. Seems like it should cover what you need to know, but in actuality is too generic, too many variations, and too many implementations to be usable.

To answer the OP's question, start by marking down ALL the relevant data points for a setup, preferable a simple one. Then verify those apply to all situations and NOT to other situations (false signals).

I once added up how many things I checked both positive and negative verifications, on a "favorite setup". Count was about 60 things. Some small, some negative verifications, etc.
    And in the end, it was not sufficient to eliminate enough false signals, even with best handling of the exit and entry, to make it profitable enough. And it was too exhausting, too time consuming, to check them all for fast trading. And that was just the ENTRY. EXITs are another, imo, larger problem to solve.

Consider, doing this for 1 setup to get an idea of how deep the water is and how far one has to go.

Of course, one could just throw out a bunch of jargon and pretend that is enough. Confusing "Facts or Jargon" and knowledge is a popular thing these days. :D:banghead:

Patrick1999 likes this.
  7. LMFAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :cool::cool::cool::cool:

true true true

"Holy grails exist they are not for sale they are earned." MarkBrown

MarkBrown likes this.
  8. Hello frnw,

I have no clue honestly. Seriously, I have no damn clue. I am just doing what makes sense in real time and hoping for the best.

legionx likes this.
  9. %%
    Including\ but limited to 200dma..............................................................

MACD and Sekiyo like this.
  10. tomkat22

tomkat22

Cheer up Simple,bow season opens in 2.5 weeks.

#10     Sep 13, 2022
    SimpleMeLike likes this.