Yukoner's Psychological Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Yukoner, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Redneck

Redneck

Thinking neutrally

Many benefits..., and ways..., to go with this one Sir

If positive - only one way to go - down

If always positive - we may be covering up something (deluding our self) from that which attended to / fixed/ resolved

Neutral - is unbiased

Neutral - is objective

Neutral - allows our emotions to happen..., but not cloud our actions (addresses your #3 listed under "Acting like a trader"

Neutral is the most stable base from which to operate

We exploit the mkt - without being affected by it (we know the mkt has the ability fuck with our mind if we allow it - we remain neutral - we remain unaffected)

We make money..., lose money - without being affected by it - else we're trading our PnL

We must be in the same frame of mind each day we trade - no matter what life throws at us - being neutral goes a long way in getting us to our "level set frame of mind" for trading

Being neutral - allows us to not be affected by our fuck ups..., then recover from said fuck ups quicker / easier (we are human - we will and do fuck up)

Ever begin the day with a loser / series of losers - I have - being neutral affords us the operating base from which to dig our self out / even end in the black

Being neutral - in the heat of the battle (trading) - when SHTF / chaos / fear / volatility is going on all around us (on the chart) - there we sit..., twiddling our thumbs..., exploiting it..., making money

Mkt just ripped and we made a shit load of money - being neutral - we call it a day..., or..., may be trade on.... not being neutral - we give it all back..., and likely lose more

Neutral - revenge trading never happens

How's this - for a start :)

RN

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
    #191     Jan 3, 2015
    Yukoner likes this.
  2. if i reply may be banned. hope not
    @9;30 est MONDAY metaphysics not going get far.
    you better have an edge, and fast hand

#192     Jan 3, 2015
  3. Yukoner

Yukoner

WOW! Ok @Redneck wherever you are living... I think its time for me to fly in and buy you a beer, or at least some shots of moonshine.

#193     Jan 4, 2015
    jsmacksem likes this.
  4. jsmacksem

jsmacksem

Can I come? I'll bring the left-handed mouse. :)

#194     Jan 4, 2015
    Yukoner likes this.
  5. Redneck

Redneck

Thank You Sir :)

Keep on truckin

----------------------------

btw..,

Ole Smokey Strawberry - stuff is dangerously good

RN

#195     Jan 4, 2015
    Yukoner likes this.