Zone Trading/ Kershner Trading?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by SwingOutOn5, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Is Bob still at Zone?

#21     Jun 7, 2006
  2. I worked there for a spell, I can tell anybody they want to know.

You can trade however you want, you can make one trade a day if you want. However, here's the catch: if you can't trade profitably, you will quit or get canned. If you can trade well, you can walk in butt naked and nobody's going to say a word.

Since most people think they can trade better than they do...i.e. profitably, they come up with this "I don't want to daytrade, I'm more of a Swing Trader" crap. Lose that attitude or you ain't gonna make it. Be like clay, and let a succesful trader show you how to do it. If your coach trades 300K shares a day and brings home 400 Grand, just shut your hole and try to learn something.

That is the biggest reason people don't make it. They get paired with a coach that MAKES MONEY, and there are a couple of guys bringing home 800K a year, and then they decide there gonna try and do things THEIR OWN way without knowing squat. These people quit fast when they find out they can't make a paycheck. The second biggest reason why people don't make it is because they just don't "get it". Not everybody is cut out to be a big money trader, or even someone who can make a living out of it. Hey, I want to flap my arms and fly too, been dreaming of it since I was a kid. Ain't gonna happen.

Kershner is the only Prop in town, true Prop. I wasn't a big fan of them when I left, and they did piss off a few traders, but I'll bet that half of you would like their integrity. They may be a bit goofy, but they're honest.

My .02

#22     Jul 7, 2006
  3. newtrdr

newtrdr

Anyone heard about them - good, bad or ugly would like to know.

#23     Jan 30, 2008
  4. They are expanding from what I heard with an operation over in Singapore (and trying to get traders to go over there if they want).

#24     Jan 30, 2008
  5. newtrdr

newtrdr

Do you know anything about their Austin office? What is the split like? Know anyone who worked there?

#25     Jan 30, 2008
  6. Just go call Chrissy. She should be more comfortable now :)

#26     Feb 18, 2008
  7. care to enlighten?

#27     Feb 18, 2008
  8. edit..

#28     Feb 18, 2008
  9. Thanks Robbie..Shanghi not Singapore..with HK opening soon..

HK would be nice for a few months for a change of pace. :D

#29     Feb 18, 2008
  10. Like I said in an earlier post: Chrissy was quite short with me, however I feel that it came from an unfamiliarity with the territory.

It was on the edge of being unprofessional. She had only been there a few months, though.

#30     Feb 19, 2008