Zone Trading/ Kershner Trading?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by SwingOutOn5, Apr 21, 2006.

1. OK..thanks. Did you guys move to a different location in town recently?

#41     Feb 22, 2008
  2. I worked there for a year after I got my bachelors degree at UT Austin, VERY great place to work and learn.

The downside is newbies get ZERO salary on w2 fulltime, and they utilize a trade-at-cost commission based compensation system that really encourages churning. Goldman Sachs is their clearing partner, so shit's still working at least.

The upside is, you're considered a partner and your capital losses roll over to a mentor who is in charge of your noob ass and you're supposed to learn as much as you can in order to become profitable, also known as yahtzee or super-yahtzee.

I quit for an analyst job with Texas Pacific Group in friggin Hong Kong and the work environment couldn't compare with Kershner's. Suit and tie everyday using retarded words like leverage and business partner... versus tshirt and jeans, playing quake3 during slow hours.

#42     Oct 31, 2008
  3. ummmm I didn't get the job at Kershner and dont know why? thought i was well qualified.

#43     Oct 31, 2008
  4. if we can't find a coach for you then there won't be any new hires.

#44     Oct 31, 2008
  5. Quote from bulllives:

ummmm I didn't get the job at Kershner and dont know why? thought i was well qualified.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if we can't find a coach for you then there won't be any new hires.

What is the criteria of a well qualified trader candidate to find a coach?

#45     Nov 1, 2008
  6. OVERQUALIFIED, they like noobs with high actions per minute whom they can mold. CHURN BABY CHURN!

#46     Nov 3, 2008
  7. not churn baby churn...it's much better if you actually make money.

#47     Nov 3, 2008
  8. Churning is actually making money, except in the form of rebates. I hear yall use trade-at-cost now, more reason to churn that EEM on every perfect storm day. Don't deny it.

Big ups though. I thought KTG was awesome when I worked there. I'm making crap now at Texas Pacific Group. You're a HP right Robbie? so you're prolly making 2x what I make a year. TT

#48     Dec 22, 2008
  9. Something like that :)

#49     Dec 22, 2008
  10. not trying to be rude but if you believe churning is encouraged then that probably shows why you didn't make it.

I'm doing very well and I'm glad I can do it in the great environment at kershner.

#50     Dec 22, 2008