Zoom Stock Metrics....Insane....

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Nighthawk, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Investors are paying up for growth:
    • Zoom has a price-to-sales ratio of 72, the highest among tech companies valued at $100 billion or more, according to FactSet. Shopify is second at 63.
    • Zoom trades for 892 times earnings, second only to Salesforce among the largest tech companies by that metric.
    • Among the more than 50 companies in the Bessemer Cloud Index, Zoom has the highest multiple when it comes enterprise value to revenue and enterprise value to future revenue.
    • CEO Eric Yuan told CNBC on the day of the company’s IPO in April 2019 that he was “very surprised” by the stock’s 72% jump in its debut. Since then, the stock has multiplied by more than seven-fold.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/01/her...om-following-its-blowout-earnings-report.html

Mr Insanity is knocking on the door.....:confused:o_O

comagnum likes this.
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

Indeed, same for TESLA plenty of similar examples. But all is fine, fed got it all figured out.

3. noddyboy

noddyboy

I should have bought TSLA and ZM instead of QQQ. My mistake, but then again, I get more leverage on QQQ.

4. RedDuke

RedDuke

This is in hindsight. You did well. What we see now we will not see for another 20-25 years once it is over.

Relentless, ET180 and comagnum like this.
  5. ET180

ET180

Or, prices go even higher to compensate for even more loss of purchasing power. Unfortunately, the Fed thinks that purchasing power is not being destroyed fast enough. Ultimately, wealth cannot be printed. There is no free lunch.

[​IMG]

comagnum and NoahA like this.
  6. Cuddles

Cuddles

Just short the drop, it'll be just as brutal.

comagnum likes this.
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

I don't even have to look.
    Revenue quadrupled, and they operate at a profit margin north of 70%.

Go to Investopedia and look up "the rule of 40".

That's why it went up so much fwiw.

8. i bought zm 318.86 on 8/31/20 and held it for earning. who would have thought it gap up to 40%+ the next day!

9. tsfx

tsfx

What exactly are you trying to say ? Are you actually getting less stuff with your money today relative to, say 100 years ago ? i don't think so.

Did you travel as much ? Did you have access to entertainment as much ? Communication ?
    What exactly is worse today than 100 years ago for the avg person ? You PP argument is so misleading that it's just stupid.

You never had as much buying power (access to products and services) in the past as you have today.

You take everything that exists for granted today that you couldn't even dream about 100 years ago.

murray t turtle likes this.