By day trading, is it really impossible to get a 3% return every day without fail?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Sotnis, Dec 22, 2015.

1. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

A positive return EVERYDAY, WITHOUT FAIL, extremely unlikely, more important, unrealistic.

But today, NQ had a (RTH only) 94.5 pt range and YM a (RTH only) 222 range.
    I captured in aggregate (not per contract) 127.25 and 140 respectively. Clearly the part of JH methods that I employ don't work and was a complete waste of my time to learn, and become versed in.

You have no idea about what you mock, Oddtrader.

#141     Sep 5, 2017
  2. I admire you have had an outstanding comprehension ability for reading my posts on ET! Don't give up! :D

"Need 900% in 3 years- what would you do?"
    https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/need-900-in-3-years-what-would-you-do.312865/page-2

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    #142     Sep 5, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. 777

3% a day?

Ha ha.. that would be a huge edge if you manage your risks so as not to bow up

#143     Aug 15, 2018
  4. %%
    That's funny.:cool::cool: LOL; never met the man ,but it sounds like he made it.
    Account blow ups can teach much+ to do it in less than 24 hours, sounds like he made it +found plenty of stuff that would not work.....

#144     Aug 20, 2018
  5. Chewy

Chewy

HOW DO I FIND OUT ABOUT JH METHODS. I HAVE NO IDEA WHO HE IS OR WHAT HE DOES. YOU CAN REPLY PRIVATELY TO ME IF YOU WANT. I WANT TO LOOK INTO THE METHODS.

#145     Aug 20, 2018
  6. themickey

themickey

YOU WILL CHEW THROUGH A LOST DECADE OF YOUR LIFE!

#146     Aug 20, 2018
  7. Overnight

Overnight

I am pretty sure JH will respond to you personally, since he heard you with all of your shouty. :)

#147     Aug 20, 2018
    El OchoCinco likes this.
  8. Chewy

Chewy

sorry about the capital letters. I was not shouting. my computer simply was on upper case when i typed. i will have to watch it more closely. to me upper / lower case is all the same thing. I dont use upper for shouting. I just read the words. they are all the same to me.

#148     Aug 21, 2018
  9. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Unfortunately, Jack Hershey is deceased. It's been a couple years.

There is group of practitioners of his methods on ET.
    The most active current thread is HERE.

But be warned... if you are just starting out, the current active thread is advanced. You will need to begin with the basics. The first two posts in THIS thread has links to the necessary background.

A somewhat short-circuited alternate learning route can be attained by doing the work in THIS thread.

There are people around who can, will, and do help those who have serious interest.

Trade On!

#149     Aug 21, 2018
  10. %%
    Amen and agree;
    but its a big difference between doing it for 10 days + 10 years:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:,:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

#150     Aug 24, 2018